Icing Cake

Decorating By ginger6361 Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 3:27am by indydebi

ginger6361 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:37am
post #1 of 4

Can someone tell me how many days frosted cake will last? Party is Sunday, and need to deliver it on Friday before. Will need 2 to 3 days to decorate. Thanks

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:58am
post #2 of 4

What kind of cake is it? What kind of icing are you using?
Generally that is a bit long as any leftovers won't last but one day longer since it is taking you 2-3 days to decorate icon_sad.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:00am
post #3 of 4

Well, when I worked at a grocery store bakery, we could keep our cakes out for 5 days. HOWEVER, once I bought a cake for something and I had the cake in my fridge for 2 weeks. The last slice was as moist at the first. Of course it was in a plastic container and was probably loaded with preservatives seeing as how it was a grocery store cake.

But in your case (i'm guessing home baked) a couple days would be fine. Just keep it refrigerated if possible. I've heard of people slightly underbaking it to keep it moist.

indydebi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 4

Cake is not fragile. It does not start to mold 20 minutes after coming out of the oven. I remember my aunt and my gramma having cake on their counter for days. We ate it and it was delicious.

I cut the top tier of my birthday cake for breakfast this morning. I made it on Wednesday ... I'm eating it on Monday. It's never been refrigerated and it tastes as fresh as a Day One cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%