Muffin And Flowers Cake Idea

Decorating By Justbeck101 Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 2:27pm by Justbeck101

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 3

I have an order for a girl who plays paintball and her nickname is muffin and she likes flowers. This is the information I was given for the cake.

I thought of doing a girl in all her paintball gear holding her gun in one hand and a cupcake pan with muffins in it in the other hand. Maybe some flowers around her on the sides of the cake?

Then I was thinking an 8" and 5" with the 5" covered like a table with some mini muffins (real muffins) on the "table" the decorate with some flowers and things around the cake?
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Rebecca

2 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:34am
post #2 of 3

I would try to get some paintball splatters on the cake somehow. That would be a really awesome cake. I wouldn't try to incorporate the muffin thing. Maybe just write "Happy Birthday Muffin" on the cake.

What I thought of right away was doing some tie-dyed flowers in rainbow colors and paint splatters around everywhere else. Or maybe just try to splatter the whole cake (airbrush?) and put some solid colored flowers on top. If you don't have an airbrush machine, just do what I did. Before the icing crusts, squeeze random splotches of different colors right on top. Then smooth over once more. It smears the colors and gives it a rainbow/marbled/tie-dyed effect. While it doesn't look like paint splatters, it still looks cool and colorful, which is how people look after they've been out paintballing! Just don't get too carried away with the final smoothing, because the cake could end up looking muddy.

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 3

Well, I have to incorporate the muffin because that is what the customer wants! lol.
Thanks for the ideas though,
Rebecca

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%