Edible Images - Who's Used Them?

Decorating By klj0207 Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 5:58pm by kakeladi

klj0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klj0207 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 4

I ordered some edible images online, 2 animal print and 1 jungle theme. When I got the order in, I got 1 package of images. I'm guessing they are all in there, it says not to open the package until ready to use. I'm making my son's birthday cake and I was going to use one for his smash cake, but I don't know which one and I won't be using them all but I don't want to ruin the others. What will happen if I open the package and not use some of them?

3 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:08am
post #2 of 4

You should be ok to open the package, take out the one you want, and seal the package again to keep the air out.

adikhawaja1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adikhawaja1 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:11am
post #3 of 4

Hi! if you open the package nothing will happen, just make sure that the edible images are in a ziploc kind of bag so they don't dry out . I've used them plenty of times and never had a problem with them. Just make sure you keep them in a dry and cool area, away from heat. Hope this helps! Good luck with the cake for your son! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 4

I stored mine in the fzr, flat until needed. That way they keep well for a long time. Do be sure to keep in the original pkg'ing and then into a ziploc bag.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%