Wedding Cake With!!

Decorating By Nikki3683 Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 1:29am by indydebi

Nikki3683 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

I just came from a cake tasting and the bride wants a 12" petal on pillars with 15" as the base. I'm afraid that with the weight of the 12" that it won't hold up and rather have a disater the day of her wedding I would like to let her know now if this can be done. Any suggestions would be great.

3 replies
cakesmade4u Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 4

Hi you can use the hidden pillers and plates... they go directly into the cake and you don't need dowels..

kakeladi Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 4

What you should be 'afraid of' is how these sizes will look. Will there be other sizes used? OR is just a two tier creation? You are going to have to put that 12"er on a 15" plate so it is not going to look good (IMPO) - it will overpower the bottom tiericon_sad.gif
The weight (unless you are making cheesecake or fruitcake) is not a problem.
If you use the SPS it will be just fine.
If you use Wilton plates & pillars it still will be fine if you use enough & proper support.

indydebi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:29am
post #4 of 4

Do you mean she wants the 12" cake on a 15" plate? Or she wants a 12" cake on top of a 15" cake?

The weight of the cake has nothing to do with anything. What holds up the cake is the support system. And a good support system will hold up a 3, 5, 7, or 12 tier cake.

HIdden pillars and plates would be my recommendation for you also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%