Need Tips On Frozen Buttercream Transfers

Decorating By mememalasia Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 8:39pm by CHoxie

mememalasia Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 3

Hey there! I need any and all tips on how to get a transfer smooth. Haven't quiet mastered that yet and I am getting frustrated. I have read everything I can get my hands on related to how to do them, but I need more info. Any secrect tips or hints that you guys figured out as you went would be great! Thanks

2 replies
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 3

I usually take my image under a piece of wax paper and then color it in. Freeze it until hard to the touch and then lay it on the cake and peel away the wax paper. That way the smooth side is showing.

Let me know if this works for you, but this is how I do it.

CHoxie Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 3

What I do is I also tape my image under the wax paper. I create the outlines using the various colos. Then freeze the outline. When the outline is firm, take it out.

Do your colors one at a time. Tint your BC, then warm it to almost liquid. This will give a nice, smooth surface. Repeat with additional colors. Freeze solid.

When this is firm, cover the entire image with the BC being used to top the cake. Also outline the image as well to create a thicker image. Freeze solid again.

When solid, remove from freezer and place BC down on the cake. Remove the wax paper carefully but quickly. The thinner the image, the faster it thaws.

This works for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%