Cakeman Raven Red Velvet Recipe...as Cupcakes?

Decorating By MOBOGAL Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm by MOBOGAL

MOBOGAL Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

I'm interested in making the Cakeman raven red velvet recipe. Has anyone made this as cupcakes instead of a layer cake? If so, how many cupcakes does it yield, and how long did you bake them? I've also read a bunch of reviews where people modified the recipe....so if you've made any modifications, I'd love to hear those too. Thanks in advance for any help!

3 replies
morgnscakes Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 6:29am
post #2 of 4

I have never made his particular recipe, but one of our signature cakes is red velvet (it's my husband's grandmother's recipe) and we make cupcakes out of our layer cake recipe all the time. They usually bake for about 20 minutes. and they are just as moist as the cake itself!!! Wonderful either way...as cupcakes or cake.

marion123 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:45am
post #3 of 4

I betcha it would be just as good...

MOBOGAL Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 4

Hi icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the reply...I made them last nite, and they weren't great. There was a lot of oil pooled in the liners and the bottoms of the cupcakes burned, even though the rest of the cupcake wasn't finished yet. They were very moist and tangy, but the huge amount of oil left a really weird film in your mouth when you ate them and your fingers stayed all greasy. I'm not sure if it is something I did, or if I should have reduced the amount of oil. I'm still on the hunt for a GREAT RV recipe....it's one of my favs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%