Cutter Instructions

Decorating By BakingJeannie Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 2:06pm by BakingJeannie

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 5

I recently purchased two sets of cutters (got them really fast over the weekend thumbs_up.gif ), and thought instruction would be included in the package. Will someone direct me where I could find these instructions? I am looking for 1) The peony flowers and leave (GSA #21580) and 2) Asian Dogwood flowers (GSA #21804).

I have a DVD from Nick Lodge with instructions for the peony, but it seems like they are a littel different from the ones I got from Global Sugar Art.

Thanks for any help I could get.

Jeannie

4 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 5

I dont think there are many cutters that do come with instructions!
I would love to be able to do a peony. I have the cutters and have tried several times to do them but they never come out realistic enough for me. So if anyone does, please let me know!
Asian Dogwood? I have to look at that one. I dont think Ive seen it before but will check. Some flowers you do similiar and can make because you know how to do others. So let me check that one out and I will let you know!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 5

Ok, I looked at the Sunflower cutters he has and they look pretty easy. You want to run your paste through a pasta machine to about a #6 thinness. Use your cutter and cut out your flower. Then take your ball tool and go around the edges of the petals. Your going to have to have a premade wire that contains your center on them. Either by purchasing them or by cutting the wires your self and putting the small bits of past on the end and colored. Then wired together on one wire. (if you can understand what Im saying. You have lets say six stamen that you have made and then you get a thicker wire and tape them to the top of the center of the thick wire). Then your going to put a dot of edible glue on the center of your blossom and thread the opposite end (the end that doesnt have the stamen) through the center of your blossom. When they touch the paste of the center of the blossom then your going to pinch the paste slightly on the back side so that the blossom adheres to the wire. Then you can hang it upside down until its dry or put into egg carton depending on how open or closed you want it.
Hope Ive helped a little!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 5

I don't know if any of this is what you are looking for, but I happened to notice a whole page of tutorials on their website: http://www.globalsugarart.com/instruction.sheets.php

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 5

Weirkd: Thank you for the instruction for the Dogwood flower. I'm printing post to follow.

MichelleM77: I checked out the link, but did not find what I was looking for, however, the Alan Silverwood Pans Individual Pastries tutorial I printed. Thanks for your help.

Jeannie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%