Cutting Fondant Stripes

Decorating By Peet Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 10:49am by Peet

Peet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peet Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 5

I have tried to make long strips of fondant but can't seem to get them straight. What supplies do you use to cut fondant? I just use a ruler and very sharp knife. But somehow this is not working for me.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Petra

4 replies
jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 5

You should get this ribbon cutter. It's definitely worth the money. I'm so glad I bought mine. It saves a ton of time since I don't have to measure my strips or scrap them when they come out crooked anymore.

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=cut031

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 5

I have this little strip cutter tool that you can adjust the width...it's made by FMM, called the multi strip cutter or something like that. It also helps to cut with a rotary cutter. It doesn't "pull" as much as a knife. It will probably be a lot easier for you to find the rotary cutter...I had to order the strip cutter online.

The wilton one doesn't work well supposedly...so don't bother with that one.

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 5

I use a pizza cutter and a ruler or template I cut from cardstock. I have purchased several of the clear plastic rulers (like 10 cents a piece) you see everywhere and that is the width of most of my ribbons.

Peet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peet Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:49am
post #5 of 5

I use the pizzacutter and ruler too but I still can't seem to end up with straight lines. Maybe it is just more practice that I need...

The FMM cutter does look user friendly. Too bad I can't buy it around where I live. They do have the Wilton cutter but I will not waste money on that if it doesn't work well.

Thanks!

Peet

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%