Best Friends Meeting On Cc

Decorating By PatricesPieces Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 5:04pm by tiggy2

PatricesPieces Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:53am
post #1 of 15

Ok ladies and gentlemen...I have a question. Through the forums and PM's, who have you become great friends with on CC. Someone that you did not know when you signed up.

I will start. I got a PM from mgigglin (from California) one day asking me about one of my cakes and we started a great friendship. We have shared recipes, ideas, pictures, phone calls and emails. And I truly hope that one day we will get to meet in person. She makes me laugh, and has some wonderful ideas to share. And the recipes....keep em coming girl!! She is a real inspiration.

I know CC is all about sharing, so how many of you have developed a friendship with someone from CC that you have never met, but consider a truly great friend??

14 replies
mgigglin Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:14am
post #2 of 15

I LOVE this forum!!!

I had no idea when I started on here that I would make an instant connection with anyone... that idea or concept was foreign to me as I was new to cake and the net! I can't wait for the day when Serenatea gets her butt to Cali so we can meet! lol!! I think I'm her biggest fan! I love what she creates, she inspires me to learn and try new things. But more so she is a dear friend that I have come to treasure.

Love ya Patrice,

hugs, Kim

lovely Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:18am
post #3 of 15

Omg, what a cool thread. I have 2 great cyber firends. Lori (giggysmack), who has given me great advice and even donated to my diabetes walk from her country to mine and Charmaine (charmaine49) who is absolutely wonderful and has patiently tried to teach me her outstanding smooth icing. She over comes so much and does some really good stuff. Cyber love these 2 ladies and hope to visit South Africa and Canada to see them one day.
Can't wait to read other people's friends.
icon_smile.gif Leigh

vickymacd Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:16am
post #4 of 15

I've oftened wondered if anyone else had a CC buddy like the one I've found and have a special place in my heart.

BETHOLA (Beth) from Kentucky, and I, from Michigan, were CC buddies for a very short time. We started out commenting on each others cakes and she had a series of cakes that made me want to see the next one before she even posted it. Then it got to private emails. Beth helped me through the toughest time of my life....when my husband passed away. And, she was the first to send flowers. She also gave me encouragement every day that my son was deployed. We've put each other into each others lives and I have this whole new family to cherish.

We've been emailing every day, several times a day, when she told me she was making a stop in Michigan with her church group.
You better believe we both made time for that visit. We went out for b'fast and chatted for hours! You would have thought we had known each other for years!! We've now been emailing for over 2 years.
I owe CC a lot for bringing a wonderful friend into my life!
And Thank YOU Beth, for always being there for me.

TooMuchCake Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 15

I met Ape through CC two years ago and we've been friends ever since. We see each other now at cake shows and she and her family have been here (four hour trip) to visit me. I'll see her next month at the Austin cake show!

On a side note, I met my best friend and soul-sister through another forum 5 years ago.

mocakes Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 15

I was reading a post one day this summer from lilyanddayne and she mentioned that she lived in St. Charles county do I. So I replied by telling her that I did too and was wondering where in the county she lived. She proceeded to narrow the directions down to about a mile from my house! I couldn't believe it. So we chatted back and forth on occasion.

Then a few months later I posted a garage sale on Craig's list and lilyanddayne responded by PM asking me if I knew if the sale was in my neighborhood and I told her it was mine and she should stop by. So she did and it was great to meet her and know a fellow CCer was literally just down the road from me!

Charmaine49 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:50pm
post #7 of 15

I too have made several great friends thru CC.
The first one being Shamani (sscakes) whom I had the honor of meeting.
We chat daily, give each other ideas, strength when needed and help when one of us shout for it. I look forward to her daily mails and if I don't hear from her, my day is not complete.
Then, I have Leigh (lovely)... man oh man, she can make me laugh at times. It was her that got me doing cookies, which I was too afraid to attempt. But, once I got there, it was a breeze..........thanks Leigh.
She too has been a pillar of strength, always there to help and give advice.
Then, there is Janebrophy from Canada. The surname being my maiden I contacted her. We chat not only thru CC, but on Facebook as well.
But, wait, there's more............Nancy (fondantfrenzy) is another lady that I chat to from time to time. She also does the most awesome cookies out.
So, you see, I think there are a lot more ladies that have built up this "friend circle" who not only talk cakes/cookies, but have become friends
who rely on each other.

PatricesPieces Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:30am
post #8 of 15

I love it...CC seems to bring quite a few people together. Anyone else out there have a best friend story!! Please share.....

indydebi Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:35am
post #9 of 15

Lenette and I talk on the phone and email each other almost every day! Her brother lives somewhat close and we got to meet for lunch one day when she was visiting him. She is my sister by proxy!

Myesha and I discovered that we lived just minutes apart from each other and I was honored to be invited to the grand opening of her shop, which is just minutes from mine. We frequently borrow and loan supplies and equipment from each other, and refer our overflow biz back and forth.

CakeRN and I met at "our" nephew's wedding. She's the aunt on dad's side and I'm the aunt on mom's side. So we're practically related!

bobwonderbuns was passing thru town and we spent .... what ... 3 hours on lunch? I didn't want lunch to ever end, but those darn hovering waiters made me feel guilty about taking up a table for so long!

Melvira and I share a love of Halloween and believe we are soul sisters who were separated at birth!

I know there are other CC'ers that I've met and I'm leaving off of this list, so please forgive me for any oversights! icon_redface.gif

Mac Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:44am
post #10 of 15

I met TCturtleshell thru CC. I PM'd her because I love turles, started talking then we went to Nebraska ICES together in 2007 and Orlando ICES last year.

I just love that girl!

lolobell Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:51am
post #11 of 15

Although I haven't developed a friendship like you are all talking about, I have had many, many experiences with CC members through email that have helped me tremendously. Everyone that I talk to is super helpful, incredibly kind, funny and just plain AWESOME! I hope to develop a close friendship in the near future.
Just for the record, I'm in Michigan so if there's anyone in CC that is as well, let me know!!!!!!

adven68 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:59am
post #12 of 15
Originally Posted by Mac

I met TCturtleshell thru CC. I PM'd her because I love turles, started talking then we went to Nebraska ICES together in 2007 and Orlando ICES last year.

I just love that girl!

oh...I miss TC!!! please tell her Irene says hello. There have been quite a few people that I have "clicked" with over the years...some that I have met in person. I'm glad to know so many of you.

vickymacd Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:15am
post #13 of 15

lolobell~ where in Michigan are you?

lolobell Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:11pm
post #14 of 15

The detroit area! You?

tiggy2 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:04pm
post #15 of 15

I met TCturtleshell through cc then met her and Mac and imartsy when they came to Nebraska ICES............what a great bunch of gals. I also met cakesbyjam on cc and we have become great friends. We only live a few blocks apart and are always borrowing or sharing supplies. It's great to have a "cake buddy" close by!

Quote by @%username% on %date%