Yet Another Business Name Question

Business By smjdesigns Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 8:37am by isista

smjdesigns Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:34am
post #1 of 11

Hi all, I am a lurker coming out to say hi and ask for a few suggestions on a business name.

I am in the process of getting my license for my in home bakery and need to come up with a name for the business. I am looking for a memorable name that is not to cutsy. I don't have any ideas on what I want to even start with.

I have seen some really great suggestions in the past and was hoping someone will come up with something equally great! I can make a yummy cake and am a creative person, but a great name escapes me.

My name is Shannon but I don't really want to go with Cakes by Shannon or anything like that - it's been done way to many times before. Although cakes will be my primary focus, will also be offering pies, breads, and sweet breads for sale as well.

Thanks!

10 replies
indydebi Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:06am
post #2 of 11

Looking at your screen name, how about:

Sweet Designs
Sweet Treat Designs
Shannon's Sugar Designs

(I'm really bad at this! icon_redface.gif )

GI Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #3 of 11

Shannons Bakery
Cakes & Yummy Designs
Shannon's Cakes & Baked Goods

I'm bad at this, too... Geeze... go with something people will remember. Perhaps they won't remember your name persay, but the WHAT part. thumbs_up.gif

USMCWifePena Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:12am
post #4 of 11

The Cakery
Shannon's Cakery
Sweets and Treats
Sugar Buzzin' Sweets/Bakery/Confections

Hope that helps a little or gets the brain flowing more icon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 4:10am
post #5 of 11

My brain is slightly foggy but here is something to start with I guess:
Sugar n'Spice
Shannon's Pateserrie(sp?)
Bread n' Roses
Cookies n' Cream

mixinvixen Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 4:46am
post #6 of 11

when i was trying to decide name,s i was stuck between two...i chose "sugarbabies" in the end and now have that registered, but "confection perfection" was a really close second. maybe that's an idea for you???

misabel99 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:28am
post #7 of 11

What about Sugar designs?

notjustcake Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:43am
post #8 of 11

I'm not the creative kind either but all I can suggest on whatever you decide make sure is easy to spell and that rhymes but that it is not a tongue twister either, keep it short too, where I live an ex laywer turned baker named her bake bakery
Ruth's Sweete Justice now that's suits her perfectly you just have to find something that I think when you hear it you'll know is perfect!

I love my screen name "not just cake" is a double antandra or however you spell it

for me it means more than "just cake" cookies & pastries and anything baked but also that the art of decorating cake is NOT a piece of cake, so when it comes to pricing no people is "Not Just Cake"

so maybe someday I'll own that name!

Good luck finding a name!!! icon_smile.gif

dandelion56602 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:49am
post #9 of 11

Shannon's Bakery Treats

Shannon's Sweet Treats

Confectionary Designs

I'm not too good either. Do you haven any other inspiration---kids, nickname, any favorite things?

tara22 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:57am
post #10 of 11

It took me almost a year to to decide on a name. The following were some ideas I played around with.

The Sweetest Thing
Something Sweet
How Sweet It Is
The Cakery
The Cake Boutique

isista Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 8:37am
post #11 of 11

Names coming to my mind;

Sweet Bakery
Boutique Cakes of (where you live ,example)Florida
Boutique Cake Designs

Good luck..