Bridal Shower Cake

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 4:23am by Polkadot79

lkoenig07 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:00am
post #1 of 7

Ok, so I was asked to make a cake for a friend's bridal shower. Her sister was thinking of the idea of doing centerpiece cakes (which is so cute!) and the brides color is sage green w/pink roses. She's having about 8 tables. I was thinking of doing all different cakes, but can only come up with so many ideas. So... ideas anyone??

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:21am
post #2 of 7

Please take the time to brows thru the shower section of the photo galleries. There are soooooo many idea available.

annez Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 7

I love your idea to do 8 different cakes...

Maybe this isn't what you had in mind for a suggestion, but what about doing something as simple as using the same flowers, but just different groupings on each cake- a cluster in the center/spread individually/different piping laces/etc The uniformity makes it classy, but there's an individuality with each of the cakes too... People see a bunch of the "same" cake as they look across the room, but then they are drawn to inspect each of them.

Maybe that's the obvious answer that everybody (including you) were thinking, but I was envisioning it at my shower, and I could totally see it. icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 7

It will be a lot of work doing 8 different cakes. Remember they need only be small either 8" single layer or 6"x4"ers. Usually there are only 8 people to a table so even those sizes will yield more servings than you need.
You will need lots of room to bake, work on & store these. Also think of how you will deliver them. Each will need to be boxed up & on a level in a van or SUV.
Do you have 8 pans? Think about using different shapes.....hearts, ovals, rounds, etc. Make a small sheet & cut in 1/2 - covers two tables w/enough servings for eaicon_smile.gif

prterrell Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:06am
post #6 of 7

Are you wanting the cakes to look different or to be different flavors? If you do different flavors, you're less likely to have as much cake left over as some people will want to try some of more than one cake.

One thing that would be really cute would be to do each cake to look like a package. Some could be square, some rectangular (long and thin), and some round, all "wrapped" differently, but still using the same colors (I would add an off-white or ivory as a "neutral" to round out the sage and rose pink -- your friend's wedding colors are beautiful and classy, btw!).

If you want to go with diff. flavors, here are some flavor combos that would be good:
vanilla cake with vanilla pastry cream or vanilla bc filling and vanilla bc icing
lemon cake with lemon curd filling and raspberry bc icing
chocolate cake with espresso mousse filling and mocha bc icing
almond cake with rasberry fruit filling and almond bc icing
white ginger cake with mango fruit filling and guava-passion fruit bc icing
vanilla cake with strawberry fruit filling and cream cheese icing
banana cake with choc ganache filling and cream cheese icing
matcha (green tea) cake with lychee mousse filling and white choc bc icing
chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and fudge or choc bc icing
vanilla cake with fudge or choc bc filling and frosting
apple cake with cream cheese frosting filling and penuche icing
lemon poppyseed cake with raspberry fruit filling and lemon bc icing
chocolate cake with orange whipped cream filling and orange bc icing
chocolate cake with raspberry fruit filling and ganache or fudge icing
marble cake with cookies n cream filling and choc bc icing
vanilla cake with dulce de leche mousse filling and whipped cream icing
chocolate cake with mint-choc chip bc filling and fudge or ganache icing

Polkadot79 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:23am
post #7 of 7

I made a sage & pink wedding might give you some inspiration although I know it's a big large icon_biggrin.gif for a wedding shower.

Quote by @%username% on %date%