Groom's Cakes & Wedding Contract

Business By kellertur Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 3:57pm by SweetArt

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:55am
post #1 of 11

Hello,
I am finalizing my wedding cake order form/contract and noticed that most samples have a place to add the price of the Groom's cake, but no description. I had no idea ( until recently ) there were Groom's cakes... not sure what planet I've been vacationing on all this time, but this is a new one to me.

Do you all have a separate place to list Groom's cake info:
style/design
flavor/fillings
price
..... how does this work?

AND is the Groom's cake for the reception, rehersal dinner, what???

Thanks in advance~ icon_smile.gif

10 replies
SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:19am
post #2 of 11

The majority of the groom's cake I do are served at the reception. Only a few have been done for the rehearsal dinner.

Here is my cake contract, with room for the groom's cake description. http://sweetartweddingcakes.com/Contract

kellertur Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:34am
post #3 of 11

Thank you very much. Is there a cake served at the rehersal dinner (besides the Groom's cake?) I'm guessing the bride, etc mentions this info if desired ??? So far, I've only been asked to do wedding cakes...

We had such a low-maintenance wedding~ we didn't even have a rehersal dinner, otherwise I'd know this stuff. icon_redface.gif

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:51am
post #4 of 11

I think that groom's cakes differ from region to region. And if you live in an area with an influx of new comers, there may not be a typical way these cakes are served.

In my experience around here, groom's cakes are an old tradition that either very traditional people serve, or people who just like them have. Often, they are the traditional chocolate at the wedding. Other times, they are served at a rehearsal dinner. But more often than not, I've seen no groom's cake at all.

I know that's no help, except to say there is no telling what your customers might want!

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 11

Sweet Art

Hello , I have been working on a written contract for my business as well. Do you mind if I use yours as somewhat of a template? It's fantastic and would suit my needs and area well.

Thanks
Carol

SweetArt Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelady31

Sweet Art

Hello , I have been working on a written contract for my business as well. Do you mind if I use yours as somewhat of a template? It's fantastic and would suit my needs and area well.

Thanks
Carol

Sure, that's what it's there for. Take any of it you need. It took me years to get it to where I was happy with it, and I still make little changes every now and then. I know what a big task it can be to start from scratch.

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 11

Sweetart thank you so much! You know it!

Oh and you do such beautiful work!

Carol

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:31pm
post #8 of 11

Sweet Art... great contract! Thank you so much for sharing it with everyone on here!!

kellertur Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:09pm
post #9 of 11

Thank you Sweet Art... that was very generous of your to share your contract. icon_smile.gif

mandice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandice Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:31pm
post #10 of 11

you are awesome, sweetart. you definitely covered all your bases there, kudos to you icon_biggrin.gif

thank you for sharing!

SweetArt Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:57pm
post #11 of 11

No problem, and thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%