Class Reunion Cookies

Baking By CINDY1956 Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 12:50am by CINDY1956

CINDY1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CINDY1956 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:19am
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to make cookies for a 55yr class reunion. I am trying to come up with something really different..The class back then did NOT have a mascot or a school theme.. icon_cry.gif The only real thing I have is a half way picture of the school...Was thinking I could put the picture on the cookie, but that just doesn't seem to be a WOW for me...anyone have any ideas??? They will need about 100, the school colors were orange and royal blue, and also I have to bag them...Thanks and I hope someone can stir some ideas up... thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:26am
post #2 of 6

What about making the cookie round and making it into a record? The label on the record could be the school title or just the 55.
Just a thought.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:37am
post #3 of 6

How about a prom theme, or teacher's names, or fads of that time. Anything specific about the school will go over well.

CINDY1956 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 6

not sure about using black icing...wouldn't want their teeth to change color!ha

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:42am
post #5 of 6

I am going this spring to my 50th reunion. I had been thinking about bringing cookies. I think I am going to bring a variety of things which stand out in my mind. The big old office typewriter, a zipper notebook, Dentyne gum, a letter sweater and a brown bag with lunch written on it (we didn't have hot lunches then, everyone brown bagged it.)
...and I am still thinking.

CINDY1956 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:50am
post #6 of 6

i also thought about the letterman's jacket theme...
I am also putting together the center pieces for the tables, (from our wedding we had a sock-hop and I told them they could use my stuff)
I also thought about a Crosley juke box on an edible image, and below it writing the "class of 54 still rocks" does that sound dumb?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%