Credit Card Options?

Business By korkyo Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm by milissasmom

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 9

I was in the office supply store the other day and saw that Quick books has a program that you purchase for 20 or 30.00 (can't remember which) ----- anyway you sign up for a 14.95 per month charge + the percentage fees (that were not too bad). You set it all up on the PC and it's done.

Seemes like a good idea. Cheaper than what the bank offers.

ANy suggestions, feedback etc? I'd like to know what others have experienced with credit cards.

8 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:11am
post #2 of 9

I do mine through Paypal. You have two choices you can do. For free, you can send the client an invoice in which they can by whatever way they choose, or for a monthly fee, you can have a "terminal" on your pc and take clients cc info that way.

I chose to do mine by invoicing. No monthly fees and client has the option of paying whatever way they wish and I still get the monies.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:22am
post #3 of 9

I was with a standard credit card processing company for years with a portable terminal, but I recently switched to ProPay (www.propay.com), which is $34.95 and up per year for process, which was SO much cheaper for me! Cards can be processed online or over the phone. It is very easy and convenient!

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:57am
post #4 of 9

Southerncake,

Thanks for the heads up on propay. I have been doing research on merchant accounts and this looks perfect for my business. Not as expensive as the other credit card processors.

I love CC. I'm always blown away by how much people share.

Thanks again...

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 9

I'll definatly be looking intot he propay too. Thanks, !!

Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 9

After being "screwed" by a bank with a whole bunch of hidden fees......I am definitely a proponent of PayPal. So easy and the no monthly fees. There is also no contract. You are charged 2% plus 25 cents per transaction. I say it's the way to go. Also once the invoice goes to the client they are responsible for inputting their own credit card information and you don't have to deal with any of that.......the money then goes into your PayPal account which (with one click) you transfer over to your bank account. I love it.

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 9

I also use the free version of PayPal and love it. icon_biggrin.gif

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #8 of 9

I also use the free version of PayPal and love it. icon_biggrin.gif

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm
post #9 of 9

Paypal all the way! thumbs_up.gif