Need Ideas For Shoe Box Cake

Decorating By SpoonfulofSugar Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 10:00am by bashini

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi! I know I can count on ya'll for some good ideas.....I have a request for a shoe box cake with a shoe beside it....the shoe is a Manolo Blahnik and it's a neutral color. The problem I'm having is she wants to incorporate salmon pink and apple green and I can't think of where to put those colors....it's not really the colors that would be on the box. She also want cream cheese butter cream. I thought about using some fondant on one side of the cake and painting it green and pink so it looks like gift wrap partially ripped off the cake but this sounds like it would be hard and she would end up with some fondant.

Any other ideas??

Thanks!

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, if the shoe is a nuetral colour, what you can do is, cover the box with the same colour or salmon pink or green. Then do stipes or dots or some accents with the two remaining colour. Here is an example. In this one, there are three colours which goes well together.

http://www.crumbsbakery.co.nz/Site/Cake%20Gallery%20I_files/Shoe%20Box%20-%20web-1.jpg

Also you can put some tissues underneath the lid like in this photo,

http://www.flourfancies.com/images/cakes/shoeboxcake003.jpg

HTH. icon_smile.gif

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:52am
post #3 of 4

Hi bashini! Thanks for the ideas....didn't think of that....I was so stuck on making the shoe box look like it would like just white with the logo....but I can see where I can add the color on the box....Thanks!!!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:00am
post #4 of 4

No problem! Happy to help. Looking forward to see the photo! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%