Wedding Cake Design Help, Please!

Decorating By fba322 Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm by KoryAK

fba322 Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 6

I have had a request from a friend for a wedding cake. Her colors are pink and black, so she wants the cake in those colors. The pink can be multiple shades because she is using multiple shades in her wedding. She wants 3 square tiers, with a round anniversary tier on top. It needs to serve approximately 100-110. She wants it to have stripes, dots, and fleur de lis on it. I am having the hardest time with this. I was initially thinking of doing the fleur de lis on the bootom tier all the way around, then the next tier doing it in the stripes, then the next in dots and the anniversary tier with a few spaced out stripes with dots in between. Also, she doesn't want fondant covered, just buttercream but said the stripes, dots, and feur de lis could be fondant. Can anyone please help me figure out a design that flows well for this? I appreciate any help I can get with this one!

5 replies
KoryAK Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 6

I would do stripes on the bottom tier, dots on the middle (but uniform, not mixed sizes and all random as the rest of this design is not a random one), and 1 large fleu-de-lis on the front of the top tier and maybe smaller ones - 2 on each side and 1 in back.

kakeladi Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 6

Yah, listen to KoryA sounds really nice as she described it.

fba322 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:02am
post #4 of 6

Ok, that sounds great. Now, what would you do on the top anniversary tier. Also, what size squares should I use to get approx. 110 servings out of the bottom 3 tiers?

pinklesley1 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:26am
post #5 of 6

i would also do stripes on the bottom, dots on the second from the bottom, fleu de lis on the third one from the bottom... and then on the top you can do stripes again... or dots...

she doesnt have a fourth design element that you can use... i would do the stripes in multiple pink shades and also the dots and maybe the fleur de lis you could do them in both colors... like a light pink with a dark pink outline...

KoryAK Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 6

6-8-10 x 4" in square serves 100 even... so can you do a 4" round on top? If thats too small then 6-8-10-12 x 3" tall (rd-sq-sq-sq) will be 125, 115 w/o top tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%