Is It Just Me Or...

Decorating By npsmama Updated 18 Jan 2009 , 7:31pm by scoutmamma

npsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
npsmama Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 11

Do you sometimes make a cake just to try out a design you thought of/spotted on here?

I'm fairly new to all this but I'm looking for any excuse to make and decorate a cake!

Is this a symptom of addiction?? icon_lol.gif

10 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 11

uh huh...it'll subside but only to return with the next idea you see or think of....

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 11

Oh, yes! It is VERY addicting! My whole neighbor likes my addiction though and so do all the teachers I teach with.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 11

Oy vey.... that is a very distinctive newbie symptom!

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 11

This site doesn't help. It only perpetuates the "problem"... I started looking at this site for ideas for my son's birthday cake....3 years later... I'm obsessed with cake! There are just too many cute ideas, and the recipes are delicious. I haven't been back to my neighborhood bakery since.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 11

After 20 something years of cake making, I'm still like this. My coworkers and my DH's coworkers are happy I'm still "cursed" with this symptom, since they get to eat more cake.
If I don't have an order, I HAVE to bake something anyway. I really should be checked out for this problem icon_wink.gif

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 7:01pm
post #7 of 11

There should be some kind of patch or something to help relief the symptoms in between cake orders don't you think?

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 11

My sons friends think something is wrong at our house if they come over and there is not either cookies or a cake in the oven. One time, one boy said that I must be sick because there was not even any cookie dough in the fridge just waiting to get rolled out! I nearly ALWAYS have a batch of NFSC dough in the refrigerator!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 7:20pm
post #9 of 11

I hope there is NO cure, I love my addiction icon_lol.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 11

No, it's not just you!!! I'm not even good at decorating (hopefully, practice will make perfect, though!) and I, too, would make a cake every day if I had someone to give it to. In fact, I coerced some poor girl at church this morning into letting me make her Sweet 16 birthday cake. I hope she's not too disappointed with the results!

scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 11

oh dear sweet cake addict... the first step in addiction is to admit we have a problem... so far the only problems i see are getting into my pants after too much cake and finding even more people to be guinea pigs for my cakes!!! ROFL.... we did an entire string on this called "Im a cake dork!" alot of us go so far as to dance after decorating!!!! so join the masses, we are addicted. this is AA for Cakers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%