Louisiana Bakers Who Rent Kitchens?

Business By suzylynn58 Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 2:08am by sugarbees

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 6

I am in Louisiana and was wondering if there are any bakers on CC who rent kitchen space like in a church? That is one angle I have not persued but read a lot about. It may be my last resort at this time.

anyone?

5 replies
sugarbees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbees Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know an answer but I was wondering where in la are you? I live in dry creek about an hour from lake charles...

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:09am
post #3 of 6

I live in Denham Springs, right outside of Baton Rouge. I dont rent space either. I am curious to know if yall know anything about the laws as far as selling food items and all. Ive got some info from fellow CCers, but itd be great to get info from people in La. Nice to meet yall!

sugarbees Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:04am
post #4 of 6

I am still a newbie really I am the designated cake maker for family birthdays other than that I am tinker er..lol.. if I decide to get really serious I will have to check into the laws myself...

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:00am
post #5 of 6

I have contacted the HD in my parish and learned that in addition to all the other rules, since I live in a rural area, I would have to have a commercial sewer system. NOT!! I have a friend who owns a house in town that she has had rented out. I found out tonight that her renters are moving out the end of this month and she is interested in renting to me!!! I am so excited. This could be the answer to my prayers. I have been so frustrated with trying to get legal without spending a fortune.

Hope this works out.

sugarbees Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:08am
post #6 of 6

I hope this is it for you..which town would it be?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%