Chocolate Fudge Icing

Decorating By Trance Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 10:49pm by JodieF

Trance Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 4

HI-
I'm looking for something that I want to actually put on top of brownies. I want something chocolate/fudge that hardens enough that if put in a treat bag will stay on the brownie and not all over the bag. Oh, and does not have to be refridgerated.

Thanks-
Trance

3 replies
ddaigle Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 4

I made this yesterday. I made the melted ice cream cake from the cake doctor book and this was the icing it asked for. Was very fudgy and got hard. I poured it over the bundt pan. Was VERY thick.

Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting

2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
6 large marshmallows
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1. Sift the sugar and cocoa powder together into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.

2. Place the marshmallows, butter, and milk in a medium-size heavy saucepan over low heat. Stir until the marshmallows are melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Pour the confectioners' sugar and cocoa mixture over the marshmallow mixture. Add the vanilla and stir until the frosting is smooth and satiny.

3. Use at once to frost the top of the cake of your choice.

Trance Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks...that sounds great!!!

JodieF Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 4

Melt a 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips with a can of sweetened condensed milk. Pour over the brownies when they're hot out of the oven and spread. Just like fudge and super easy!

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%