Pastry Pride?

Decorating By jessielou Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 5:18am by JanH

jessielou Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 4

Does any one know where I can find pastry pride? and what is it exactly? could i substitute heavy whipping cream instead?

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 4

It is a non dairy whipped creme. You should be able to find it at Smart & final stores; maybe Gorden's Food service.
Other similar products: Rich's Bettercreme; Frostin' Pride;
Yes you can sub heavy whipping cream if you prefere.

sugarwishes Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 4:42am
post #3 of 4

i was curious of this too. ive never heard of either of those places. do they sell this at just your regular supermarket?

JanH Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:18am
post #4 of 4
Originally Posted by sugar wishes

do they sell this at just your regular supermarket?

Rich's Bettercreme is not normally found in retail chain supermarkets. Although Rich's does sell a retail version which is NOT shelf stable (so it's similar to Cool Whip).

Everything you ever wanted to know about Rich's Bettercreme (or Pastry Pride):

Rich's Bettercreme handling instructions:
(For ready to use, but applies to liquid after whipping.)


Quote by @%username% on %date%