Brown Fondant Help

Decorating By cakesbydina Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 12:53pm by pinkpiggie78

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:53am
post #1 of 3

I have a baby shower cake and the colors are sage green and brown. I need the cake to be covered in brown fondant with green accents but she chose yellow cake with apricot filling and chocolate fondant will no taste well with that. How do you get vanilla brown fondant? Is there such a thing i can buy or is it possible to color vanilla fondant dark brown?

2 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 3

It is possible to color white fondant brown, just plan on using a lot of coloring! If you make your own fondant it would be easiest to add the coloring as you make it. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a pre-made brown vanilla fondant. Some one else might be able to help you more! Best wishes!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 3

Wilton does sell small "multi" packs of fondant, one of which contains brown vanilla fondant. This is definately not enough to cover a cake, and doesn't taste too good either, but you might be able to use a block or two of it to at least give you a good start in coloring your fondant. Otherwise, you might want to try Cake Craft paste colors... I think they work great, just make sure you let the color "sit" a bit. Within about 10 minutes of me using it, the color got a lot darker than it started out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%