lm not sure how to make tulips, l want life like sized ones and l really have no idea where to start? please help...helen
I'm answering just to keep your question on the board..... I hope someone gives instructions, or at least where to find the instructions....
Here are some cutters from Global Sugar Art..... you could check with them and see that instructions are included..... GOOD LUCK !
Do you want the tulips to be open or closed? In my photos there is a square wedding cake with pink/purple tulips, if this is the look you are after I can give instructions. Just let me know!
May as well post instructions here for all to see!
1. Start by making a ball of sugar paste on a flower wire - about the size of a penny, leave to dry a while.
2. Roll out the sugar paste, thin but not too thin and cut 6 petals (all the same size) with a tulip cutter (I used the simple tulip petal cutter - like the one in the Holland tulip set in the link above).
3. Using a small round tool thin out the edges of the petal and curl inwards slightly.
4. Using sugar glue to stick the petals on, wrap the petals around the ball - do this in 2 layers of 3 petals each. On the first layer the petals will overlap a lot but on the second they will only overlap a little, if at all. Make sure the petals are curling in so you can't see too much of the ball in the centre.
5. I coloured mine after they had dried by painting with a mixture of petal dust and clear alcohol.
Hope this makes sense - they are quite similar to making roses with sugar paste, just a case of getting the number of petals and configuration correct.
Oh, WOW ! thanks..... that doesn't sound to hard..... now I have to try it !
thank you every one, and wow Bunsen, yours looks fabulous, hope mine turn out like yours....
if anyone has a tutorial still or anything else that would help can you please let me know? thanks