Tiny Impression Letters?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 5 Jul 2011 , 8:45pm by littlegemscakery

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:57am
post #151 of 296

I've seen your stuff Fiddlesticks. I know you could do it at least as well as I can. You just have to have a request you can't refuse so you are forced to take a risk icon_biggrin.gif That's how I did my Rocket cake, which was my first ever 3d cake, and I ended up loving it!!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:59am
post #152 of 296

Thanks for all the links ! I love the clay aisle to!

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:02am
post #153 of 296

What fondant do you use ?

bizatchgirl Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:06am
post #154 of 296

Don't shoot me!! I use Wilton's. I'm trying to break away from it, I swear, but it is so easy to use. I tried Satinice and it was way too stretchy for me. I tried making MMF by hand before I had my KA and I thought I'd go crazy from it. Weird claustrophobic thing. Now I have a KA and I just need a chance to make a no-risk cake, like next week for my sis, and I will try MMF again icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:13am
post #155 of 296

LOL!!! Its so bad I cant imagine covering a cake in it and eating it to ! LOL!!
I love MMF , I also love Satin Ice, And Choco pan.But then I have never covered a whole cake ,I only use it for details etc!

bizatchgirl Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:17am
post #156 of 296

I wanted to cry when I covered a cake with Satinice. It just doesn't want to hold it's shape for me. It did taste a whole ton better on the cake than Wilton's. I even liked it and I don't even like MMF!!!

There is only 1 cake store in my area, and I can never make it there since they are only 8a-5p. So, I haven't even been able to try anything besides the Satinice and Wilton's.

And I know the Wilton's tastes crappy, but since I only make cakes for friends, I just tell them it tastes crappy and if I serve myself, I peel the fondant off.

Next week, I promise, I'm trying either MMF or MFF again. I have all of the ingredients ready to go.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...back to impression letters. They are so much fun!!! And the little cuppies were so cute. They would be great for Valentine's Day with 'be mine' and 'I'm yours' and all that cutesy stuff!!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:28am
post #157 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Omgosh !!! Im so excited everyone !!! icon_lol.gif I just got mine in the mail !! icon_biggrin.gif I cant believe they are finally here !!! Lea, I hope yours are in your mail to! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh how happy I am for you!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I have been gone all afternoon and am just now reading this thread..........3 new pages icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif I have a lot of reading to do!!

icon_sad.gif No, mine did not come today but probably they will be here monday. icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:41am
post #158 of 296

Ohooooh your little cookies are sooooooooo cute, Diane! Thanks for taking the pics for us all to see!

Bizatchgirl..........thanks for all the links, I am going to look at them now icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 1:52pm
post #159 of 296

Oh I thought for sure yours would of came to!
My Hubby thought I was nuts as he brought in the mail and said I had a package. I could not help but bounce around the kitchen and be so excited!
But once we ( yes we) played with it he thought it was a pretty neat toy to! But he wasent near as excited as I was.

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #160 of 296

OMG icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif hi every body
I miss this post because my computer not working and I can't come to CC icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.gif
I am not finish reading this but I am so happy you find them and I hope you have lots of fun with them

fiddlesticks !!! thansk for sending the link . when my friend give it to me she said she think she lost some letter but I have every letter . but for example 3 A and 1 K. how many do you have ?? do you have 3 of each letter ? if I lost alot I can order another one icon_lol.gif

please post your great idea for using this
I have lots of idea and I post them when making them
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH icon_redface.gif
thansk again

Farnaz

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:38pm
post #161 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

Y'all got me crazy curious about these. Today at JoAnne's I noticed a set of letters 50% off!! After hearing that the Michael's ones didn't stamp deep enough, I stood in the store and unwrapped the box. PITA, by the way, I swear it was wrapped like 5 times. And I think the other customer sicked a store lady on me because she kind of glared at me opening the package, then walked away. 2 seconds later an employee was nonchalantly strolling down the aisle icon_confused.gif

Anyway, I think these ones stamp fairly deep and they were just $8. My picture kind of stinks because it's from my cell. I can try to post a better pic later.

Bizatchgirl, Where did you find the stamps at JoAnns? In what aisle? Do you have a snapshot of the (now opened) packaging? icon_wink.gif

I'm still debating whether to get the letters from the leather place as well. I'll let you know when my ebay package arrives! icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #162 of 296

farnazmom3.. Glad you joined us !

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:51pm
post #163 of 296

Hey meegh... Where ever you are... Thanks again for posting the ebay link you made a lot of CC,ers very happy!!

bizatchgirl Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #164 of 296

I found them in the scrapbook area with all the stamps.

I just emailed myself pics. I'll post them shortly.
LL
LL

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:01pm
post #165 of 296

Thanks Biz!! icon_biggrin.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:05pm
post #166 of 296

Posted pics of my clearance JoAnn's stamps. Since I did it as an edit, not sure you will see an update.

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:08pm
post #167 of 296

Okay Thanks Biz!! I have a similar stamp kit that I bought years ago at Michaels with a slightly different font. Mine came in a little plastic "box" if you could call it that... icon_confused.gif I think I paid like one dollar or something for it. I like yours though, I'll have to check that out! Can't have too many stamps you know! icon_biggrin.gif

bizatchgirl Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:13pm
post #168 of 296

Yes, know what you mean about 'box'. It's like the plastic equivalent of a Wilton's cake box icon_biggrin.gif I think I have seen individual letters at Michael's for $1, but never a whole set. I will have to keep my eyes open.

I don't usually go to JoAnn's. It is much further for me than Michael's.

Now that I know they have some really cool stuff I haven't seen before, I will have to go back more often!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:33pm
post #169 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

Don't shoot me!! I use Wilton's. I'm trying to break away from it, I swear, but it is so easy to use. I tried Satinice and it was way too stretchy for me. I tried making MMF by hand before I had my KA and I thought I'd go crazy from it. Weird claustrophobic thing. Now I have a KA and I just need a chance to make a no-risk cake, like next week for my sis, and I will try MMF again icon_biggrin.gif

I know Satin Ice is softer than wilton, but just a few times that you use it you will get the hang of it. After that when you get used to it, if you ever try wilton, you will hate the feel of it. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

BitsnBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BitsnBites Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:34pm
post #170 of 296

Wow! I didn't know that so many of you guys wanted the letter stamp. If I had known, I would've posted the Ebay link sooner icon_biggrin.gif Maybe even asked the seller for commission on all CC orders (JK). I'm glad you guys like the stamp. Have fun with it and post pictures.

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:47pm
post #171 of 296

bizatchgirl.. Those stamps look real close to the same ones Lea got at Michaels, But a different brand. I love stamps !!
Edna.. is that what you use on your cakes the Satin Ice ?

tonedna Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:24pm
post #172 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

bizatchgirl.. Those stamps look real close to the same ones Lea got at Michaels, But a different brand. I love stamps !!
Edna.. is that what you use on your cakes the ?

Yeah..I use satin ice..is a good fondant for the price. I know there are better ones out there, but they can get too expensive.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:26pm
post #173 of 296

Thanks Edna ! Your cakes sure look beautiful with the Satin Ice. Do you add anything to it or use it straight from the bucket?

tonedna Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:35pm
post #174 of 296

Straight from the bucket. I was telling someone that at first it can be tricky to work with it, but after a few times you learn to work with the texture and is just great.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:10pm
post #175 of 296

Thanks my friend ! Ummm... Did I miss the youtube on covering a cake in fondant ??
I have to get brave enough to try it.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 12:40am
post #176 of 296

i have the same stamps as bobwonderbuns from michaels (mini alphabet/ numbers - $1)

they are cute, and economical, i can even get them to imprint on thin fondant, but i agree, the problem is getting them to line up properly and look even (or oops, an upside down letter). that is a real pain. another way i've used them is to brush the stamp with color carefully and stamp the fondant. thats cute, but it still looks kind of sloppy when crooked.

i think ordering this kit w/ the holder to keep the letters lined up is worth the extra money if its something you'll use often.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:48am
post #177 of 296

has anyone ordered from her website from the states? shipping options to usa arent showing as available, but she gave us the link here. anyway...if anyone has, please let me know. thanks!

fiddlesticks Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:42pm
post #178 of 296

OK .. I had to play some more heres a link to the cookies I made..Thanks !
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1313552

Teekakes Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 3:16pm
post #179 of 296

Diane, I love those cookies!!!! Did you stamp after you placed the white chocolate fondant on the cookies, or, before?
Do you put your fondant on the hot cookies straight out of the oven?

I put fondant on the second I take them out of the oven and was wondering how that would affect the quality of the lettering. The fondant gets really soft from the heat of the cookie I was wondering if it would simply melt the letters away or distort them beyond recognition!

fiddlesticks Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:13pm
post #180 of 296

Thanks for looking at my cookies and for the nice comments everyone ! I just love those stampers !
Lea . I usually do add my fondant to the cookies after they are cooled some, but still warm enough to make it stick. But these cookies I had made earlier in the day and just decided last night I had to play with the stamper again so... hehe, So I added it to a cold cookie.
I stamped some before I added the fondant to the cookie and some after it was already on. My fondant was trying its best to give me a hard time and when I was picking it up off my silpat it kept wanting to streach and distort so I started stamping when it was already on the cookie! Sorry I know that doesent answer your heat question.
I also have to say that I use lots of rolled buttercream( instead) of fondant for my cookies, but just happen to have some white choc fondant and wanted to play! I will have to give the stamper a try on rolled buttercream sometime ! I sure hope all of you get your stamper soon !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%