Huge Valentine Order Of 200+++ Bouquets

Baking By Jennifer9800 Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 4:16pm by jlynnw

Jennifer9800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer9800 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:35am
post #1 of 8

ok, a fab florist and i are teaming up this valentines and I'm going to sell my cupcake bouquets thru him. He will deliver, take the orders, etc. He was thinking I'd sell at least 200 cupcake bouquets for valentines day. He can get me the glass containers for the bases that he uses (of course new) so containers are taken care of. I'm basing my costs on an order for 240 cupcakes. I have worked out the cake mix costs, etc. but wanted to mainly hear how much you all charge for your bouquets as I have only done them here and there. I think I charge like $25 last year for the 6 I did for v-day but this time I'll have to hire my mom to help some too! (yes, I'm paying my mom. I don't feel right asking her to come help THAT much without paying her).

I had considered maybe 7 regular sized cupcakes or a dozen mini cupcakes might not be so heavy and concentrated more on top to ease the delivery. They will allll be the same design, flavor, icing, etc. NO CUSTOMS on this order!! white cupcakes with choc/buttercream mix. Maybe pink and brown like I did last year.

Sorry this seems rambly..because it is!! I'm a little panicy right now during the planning phase but at go time I'll be ready to crank em' out! Any advice appreciated!!!

7 replies
cre8ivemary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cre8ivemary Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 6:10am
post #2 of 8

I've made some in the past & sold the mini dz bouquet for $30 & $50 for 2 dz & put them in one container. I did however let them choose colors..but I also didn't have that big of an order.. icon_lol.gif
I'd say sell you 6 standard sizes for $25 & your mini for $30
Here's a pic of one that I've made...Good Luck. thumbs_up.gif
LL

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 6:11am
post #3 of 8

Wow.. that's a TON. Do you have room for 1400 cupcakes (or 2400 minis)? Since you are going in with a local florist we can assume you are licensed.. so that's not an issue, but man.. that's a WHOLE lotta cupcakes. icon_lol.gif

Good luck to you.. I have never sold a CC bouquet, but $30+ wouldn't be too much to ask.

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 12:36am
post #4 of 8

That $30 for the mini one and $35 for the standard 6 one sounds very reasonable.
Good luck to you and your Mom...

kissylips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissylips Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:17am
post #5 of 8

This is an awesome opportunity for you! I think people are used to paying way more than $30 for a Valentines gift from a florist. or will you charge the florist $30 and then he will mark it up from there?

I wish I was local to you. I would help you with this project. Please post how it comes out for you. (Once you recover!)

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 8

so did you sell 200 bouquets?

That is assuming you are still able to type after all that piping?

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 8

That picture of the bouquet is beautiful, too pretty to eat! I hope your cupcakes were a huge success and now you're relaxing and enjoying that hard earned cash. icon_biggrin.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:16pm
post #8 of 8

I also would like to know how you did. Sending dreams of a spa day for all your work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%