I Love Global Sugar Art!

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 5:27pm by maggiev777

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:23am
post #1 of 28

I have ordered three separate orders in the last month or so. Two times the orders were shipped the very next day! One of the orders was shipped on the SAME day I placed it! The first two orders I placed (I have one being shipped out today!) got here ahead of schedule! I absolutely LOVE Global Sugar Art!

There are few places you can get excellent customer service, products you need in stock, AND fast shipping; Global Sugar Art is the best!

Thank you Alan and please thank your staff as well!

27 replies
terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:26am
post #2 of 28

Yeah, I do too. Everything I've bought has been sent that day the last 7 orders I made.

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:31am
post #3 of 28

WHEWWW HUEEE for global, love them!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:35am
post #4 of 28

Good to know! I keep having to go where I can save money 'cuz, like everyone else, I'm beyond broke.

Thank you for the heads-up so I know that a few extra dollars is money well spent!

I love Heath and Jackie so much for providing us with CC that I always feel guilty when I can't go to GSA... icon_redface.gif

Danielle1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle1218 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:45am
post #5 of 28

I love them too. I found out that I only live a few hours from Global Sugar Art. They are AWESOME!!!! Whenever I have ordered I have received my shipment very quickly....that is great especially for last minute orders.

mpaigew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpaigew Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:46am
post #6 of 28

I know, I LOVE GSA! Usually if I place an order before noon, I get it the next day! And they have pretty much everything!

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:57am
post #7 of 28

I live in Michigan and they got the stuff here really fast, also. I felt really happy with everything I ordered and the prices were competitive. I am really happy with them, too! And I am silly and sad enough to track my package every day several times a day watching it's voyage here on the internet through the tracking number. icon_smile.gif

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:31am
post #8 of 28

They are absolutely awesome!!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:47am
post #9 of 28

That is really good to hear, I've been considering ordering some fondant while it's on sale... I'll definitely have to do that. Thanks for your honest feedback, it's always good to know of a good source!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 11:07pm
post #10 of 28

I am glad that everyone else is happy with Global Sugar Art too! For me being way down here in Texas for the packages to get here as fast as they do, it is a huge plus! I keep looking for more things to order! lol

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #11 of 28

You are all very sweet and I do appreciate these responses. One of my employees printed out this entire thread to share with the staff. We all take customer service very seriously. You certainly made a great day in our shipping department! Thank you much. Alan

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:00am
post #12 of 28

I just placed my first order this morning. I'm so glad everyone is happy with GSA! I was buying my SI fondant from another online store, but they seem to always be out of stock lately. GSA prices were very reasonable (gotta love a sale!), plus I snuck in an order for some letter/number cutters that I hope hubby doesn't notice. icon_smile.gif I'm hoping this solves my problem of crappy writing on cakes! Ha! Oh, I too placed an order this morning and got a shipping notice this afternoon. Awesome! I can't wait to get my cutters! I will be tracking several times a day too. So sad, but I love getting packages in the mail. LOL!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:03am
post #13 of 28

Gotta love that you not only get a shipping notice BUT you get a link to TRACK your goodies too! I am addicted to seeing where my fondant has been!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:17am
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsonblackvelvet13

Gotta love that you not only get a shipping notice BUT you get a link to TRACK your goodies too! I am addicted to seeing where my fondant has been!

You know it's sad when your cake ingredients travel more than you do. *sigh* I haven't had a vacation since 2001...

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:33am
post #15 of 28

Oh now see...why you gotta remind me?? My DH idea of a vacation is the movie theater. One of these days I am just gonna up and go on my OWN vacation!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:42am
post #16 of 28

I've been liking them, too!

Into The Oven used to be my favorite, but their customer service has gone way, way downhill. I've been annoyed enough to stop ordering from them. They even stopped carrying black fondant. icon_sad.gif

Global Sugar Art has great prices, and has been pretty good shipping, too!

justinsnaynay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justinsnaynay Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:51pm
post #17 of 28

I luv them. Their customer service is wonderful . Everything that I order gets shipped out very quickly.

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:18am
post #18 of 28

i have to agree with all of you .... i just order something an got it in 3days.... keep up the good work..

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:26am
post #19 of 28

Gotta love Alan and his staff. They really do have some of the best service ever! Tywana

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:31am
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsonblackvelvet13

Oh now see...why you gotta remind me?? My DH idea of a vacation is the movie theater. One of these days I am just gonna up and go on my OWN vacation!

LOL - Diana, jump in the car and come to Austin the end of February for the cake show!

Julie
San Antonio

MichelleM77 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:22am
post #21 of 28

Whew! I got my first order from GSA (after a runaround with UPS because they said my address was wrong (too bad the house has been here since 1934!)) and hubby picked up the box off the porch and asked me what I'm going to do with 20 lbs of GREEN fondant! Thank goodness it's just a case of re-using the shipping box. Hee hee. Slight moment of panic until I ripped open the box to find a nice big tub of white fondant.

GSA= great!
UPS= still workin on it.

MichelleM77 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm
post #22 of 28

Just want to clarify that my issues were with UPS and not GSA! icon_smile.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:06pm
post #23 of 28

I understood! lol I just bribe my UPS guy. I hook him up with cuppies, he makes sure my packages don't get left by the mail box in the dirt. They get set in the shade, on the porch. icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #24 of 28

Oh very nice idea! I gave cookies to the snow plow guy last week after we got dumped on majorly. He does a great job with our crazy driveway.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 4:59pm
post #25 of 28

love GSA. fastest shipping around!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:05pm
post #26 of 28

They're a very good company! thumbs_up.gif

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:12pm
post #27 of 28

I agree 100%! Thier fast shipping has SAVED ME!!!!

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:27pm
post #28 of 28

I totally agree! And I would add that I really admire how GSA and CC have teamed up to create such a great WIN-WIN-WIN situation:

- WIN for Heath and Jackie because they can keep the site free for users and maybe even profitable for themselves (or at least make it not a money pit for themsevles!) by including ads and links for users to purchase products from GSA (for which GSA gives them some small % of the sale).

- WIN for Global Sugar Art, because they get more sales.

- WIN for all of us CC users, because we get to use an awesome cake site with no membership fees, no matter how much we use it!!!

We are all free to shop wherever we choose for our cake supplies, but I love the arrangement that CC and GSA have come up with. It truly benefits all parties involved, and that is awesome icon_smile.gif It is the free market working at its best.

GSA is also doing a good job as a company, and this arrangement would never work if they were not. I'm sure Heath and Jckie considered that seriously when pursuing this arrangement. GSA has competitive prices on most items, good customer service, good products, and fast shipping. They are responsive to customer requests, and want to meet our needs. I appreciate their competitive spirit - they aren't trying to "get away" with anything in the marketplace - they are merely trying to be the best at what they do and win loyal customers that way. I truly respect that!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%