Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling

Decorating By cakesbysweetness Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 12:14am by lillielu

cakesbysweetness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbysweetness Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 2

I have yet to attempt this on a wedding cake. Can you give me any pointers on doing the filling for a wedding cake. Probably 3 teir stacked white cake. Also, what buttercream icing would taste best or should I use a cream cheese icing? I have never worked with fillings or cream cheese icing so I am not sure if the consistantcy works the same. Basically she wants the smooth icing with bead border and dots all over the cake. Can you do this type of decoration with cream cheese icing or do you have to use buttercream?

Also, raspberry cream cheese filling recipe recommendations would be great. Thanks

1 reply
lillielu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillielu Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:14am
post #2 of 2

You can buy a cream cheese filling from cake decorating stores or make your own; but the one in the stores can stay out at room temperature. Buy the cream cheese filling and also some raspberry filling and add some of the raspberry filling to the cream cheese filling and wella! you have your raspberry cream cheese filling. Concerning the buttercream, check the recipes on this sight and determine which you prefer. The buttercream will be better for your design.

Hope that helps.

lillielu

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%