What Are Sps?

Decorating By iceit4me Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 2:30am by JodieF

iceit4me Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 6

I don't know what these SPS are. Can someone please tell me what they are all about. Thanks in advance!

5 replies
JodieF Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 6

It's a single plate system....plates and pillars that snap together. You use them in place of dowels and cardboards. They're inexpensive and much more stable. I order mine from Oasis.

There is a stickey about them here:


GI Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:54am
post #3 of 6

JodieF is the SPS I always read about here on CC the same thing that Wilton puts out? I always see cake supply shops with the wilton brand of wedding cake stands, etc. I haven't tried ordering any of them on-line yet and was just curiuos.

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

summernoelle Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:05am
post #4 of 6

No, it isn't the same thing. SPS fits together much more snugly, and I think the dowels are smaller than the Wilton pillars. You can get SPS online, and in cake decorating stores.

GI Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:50am
post #5 of 6

thanks JodieF. I seem to see the Wiltons just about everywhere in all the cake specialty shops. I haven't broke down and bought any yet, but when I do, I'll get the SPS. icon_smile.gif

JodieF Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:30am
post #6 of 6

I have used it since August (not that I do very many cakes)! I really like how the pillars snap into the plates. It seems very secure. The price is really great too!

Good luck!


Quote by @%username% on %date%