Help - I Can't Log In To Cakecentral

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 4:52pm by Getus

mbt4955 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 9

I am still having trouble logging in from my computer at home. CakeCentral is the only website I can't get into so I don't think it is my computer. Does anyone out there have a suggestion of something I can try? Every once in a while I am able to log on, but I usually have to wait until I get to work. My boss is getting tired of paying me to read the CC forums, but I can't go forever without them!

I'm willing to try anything - just don't know what to do. icon_cry.gif

8 replies
ilovecupcakes Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #2 of 9

what browser do you use? sometime i find that i can only sign in from internet explorer, but not firefox or other way around.

mbt4955 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 9

I use Firefox and hadn't thought about trying Internet Explorer. Thanks for the suggestion! I am on a family member's laptop right now ... same house ... same internet access ... I get on just fine, but can't on my computer one floor down. I'll try the IE, then see if I can sweet talk my IT guys at work to taking a look at it!

Have a great weekend,
Martha

mbt4955 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 9

ilovecupcakes - you are my hero!! I don't remember exactly what issues I was having with IE when I quit using it completely, but it let me on here and I am very excited. Thank you so much!!

Martha

Getus Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 9

Well, help me to figure this out then, please.
I use firefox.
If I try to go to the www.cakecentral.com website....all I get is the page telling me that they are currently performing maintenance on the cake central servers. I have gotten this for the past several days.

However, it I go to my bookmarked pages in my computer of cakes that I have saved there....I can then go to anywhere else on the CC site.

I am stumped. If I can get there through my bookmarked pages, then why can't I get there directly? icon_cry.gif

TIA!

loriemoms Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 9

I would clean out your cached files and see if you get the same thing. Also, when you go direclty to the web site, hit refresh and see if it does the same thing.

mbt4955 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 9

Getus, I was having the same problem. Every once in a while, I could get in through one of my history pages, but not very often. I'm on Internet Explorer now (just for this window) and it goes a little slow sometimes, but I haven't gotten kicked out. I use Firefox for everything else. Good luck! Believe me, I know how frustrating this is. My boss will be thrilled to know that I can actually work while I am there and not spend my day catching up on CC forums! icon_biggrin.gif

mbt4955 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 9

loriemoms, is the cache the same as the history? I'll see if I can figure out how to empty it out. I used to run a clean up program regularly, so I'll see if I can remember what it was and try that too.

Thanks for your help.
Martha

Getus Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:52pm
post #9 of 9

Well, I tried hitting the refresh button...and it worked. Yay! Thanks so much, Loriemoms!
I love this site and appreciate all it offers, as well as the work involved by Heath & Jackie to maintain it. I know patience is a virtue...but I will get on here any way I can! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%