White Ganche Help - I Think It Separated!

Decorating By kaat Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 6:44am by ceshell

kaat Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 4

My white chocolate ganache was looking great.... then I tried to whip it. It was really close so I turned the KA off to check it and thought "just a little bit more will be perfect!" Put it back on and within seconds it looked curdled icon_cry.gif It tastes fine but looks kinda separated. Can I fix this? PLEASE HELP!!!!

3 replies
butterfly831915 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 4

Never made it but here is a bump!!! Good luck!!

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 4

I've found that White Chocolate Ganache is pretty tricky....It sounds like you may have gotten some water in it? If so, there is really is nothing that can be done. It would still be usable for a filling but will not pour correctly.

I hope I'm wrong - maybe someone else can offer you some advice...It's hard to say really...Good luck!

Tammi

ceshell Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 6:44am
post #4 of 4

Is it separated but smooth to taste, or grainy? I think that can be the difference between whether or not it can be fixed.

I haven't tried this method but check this out http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/fix_a_broken_ganache

A more thorough analysis is here--you have to paste this link into your browser and then take out the * asterisks * because you cannot link to this site from CC:
ba*king*911.com/chocolate/ganache_truffles.htm
- scroll down the page to PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS to find the info on fixing a broken ganache depending on whether it's curdled or grainy.

Hope something in here helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%