Castle Cone Help, Please

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 1:46am by Katie-Bug

Katie-Bug Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 5

I am needing to do the attached castle cake tommorow. I am wondering how or if I can attach the coned before-hand and it withstand the delivery. Can someone please help me? Thanks
LL

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 5

Yes you can. They sit flat on a piece of cake (or what you stuff the cone with). Also the border helps hold them in place.
You can stuff both cones OR the pointed ones then insert a sucker stick that will go down into the lower one (cone or cake).
"Stuffing" can be pieces of cake with icing OR chocolate. Choco is best as it hardens well. You could even fill the cones w/all choco but that's a lot of extra cost.

Katie-Bug Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the help!! I didn't know that I supposed to fill with anything. I ended up filling it with frosting.

I'm gonna call an check with the mother an see how it made it. They weren't really be real careful with it, the dad actullay laid it on the edge of the seat. Once it's out of my hand..can't control it.

Thanks though for the help!! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:29am
post #4 of 5

Hey, you are right, once they take it from you it's up to them. I'm sure if they put it on the edge of the seat it didn't make it very faricon_sad.gif

BTW: I just came thru Lafayette 2 hrs ago!! We stopped at Wal-Mart to unstiffen (walk around a bit) icon_smile.gif I hadn't noticed where you were until now or I would have tried to get in touch w/youicon_sad.gif

Katie-Bug Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:46am
post #5 of 5

Oh, my gosh! icon_lol.gif I live about 8minutes from Wal-Mart..

That is no neat, there's not alot here so do you mind me asking..what brought you there here? If you don't want to tell that's fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%