Decorated Posterboard/board Background.....help!

Decorating By tonicake Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm by mamacc

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 8

I would like to decorate a stand-up background for a Lightening McQueen background on a "board". (Piston Cup Race as the background for the 3D car) I'm sure someone has done this here.

I've searched and can't figure out what exactly to search. However, I'm not sure if b/c or r/i should be used or both or something else. Please help! I'm working on this cake today.

Toni icon_confused.gif

7 replies
tonicake Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 8

Can anyone help?????????? PLEASE ADVISE!

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 8

I'm not sure if this helps, but is this the type of thing you want to do??
In the details it makes mention that the backdrop is made of gumpaste that has been hand painted, perhaps (if time allows) you could contact the person who made it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1282129

Good Luck!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 8

Whatcha mean? You're doing the board, a 3D cake, and now you want a "3D" background? Is that right? Want to make sure I understand first.

tonicake Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 8

I would like to have a stand-up back ground to wrap around behind the 3D car. It needs to be decorated - I'm going for the Piston Cup Race.
Cake Divas did something like this for the Pink car they did on the show. The back ground showed HollyWed.

Does that help?

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 8

I just watched that, I believe they used other cut outs of posterboard (not regular thin kind) and fondant/gumpaste and I would recomend RI. Just my two cents. Good luck!!

tonicake Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you everyone for your help. I try the ideas suggested.

I found the tv show recorded. I'll watch that again.

You are all great!

Toni

I'll post next week when I finish. The order was just postponed to next week. The birthday boy was just diagnosed with RSV.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm
post #8 of 8

This woman is the queen of backdrops!! ...just in case you felt like checking out some amazing cakes: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14559934@N04/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%