Butter Cream Transfer

Decorating By gummy_buns Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 4:49pm by ddaigle

gummy_buns Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 4:23am
post #1 of 4

im doing a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I was wondering can i do a buttercream frozen transfer and place that one the cream cheese? How does bc go with the creamcheese? Also does anyone have any pointers on how to make it easier to decorate with the creamcheese frosting? or should i just do BC to decor my cake? Thank everyone for your help!! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

3 replies
princess7100 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 4:30am
post #2 of 4

i use the cream cheese decorator frosting that is on this web site, it works out very well!! icon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 4

Cream cheese should work just as well...bc will just not taste good on a red velvet..

ddaigle Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 4

I used a BC transfer on a cream cheese iced cake before. I wasn't planning on it, but I had no complaints. Also, I had a cream cheese decorating melt down a couple weeks ago. Make sure your recipe is the same consistance as your BC. I cannot use wilton's cream cheese as it turns into cool whip. When I found a crusting recipe (from here) and saw how much powered sugar I had to use to get it to the right piping consistancy, than everything worked out great. I even made roses with the cream cheese. Good luck. Deb

Quote by @%username% on %date%