Help! Mini Desserts & Pastries

Decorating By mommy2kids Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 4:10am by mommy2kids

mommy2kids Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:14am
post #1 of 6

You all are great here on cc... but now, I need help with finding pics and recipes for mini desserts & pastries for a coming up wedding. I have seen many beautiful pics online, but no recipes or tutorials on how to make these pretty pastries and desserts. Any help from you guys would be wonderful. I was thinking about mini brownies of some sort, a neopolian of some sort, mini tarts, and mini dessert shooters. Thanks for all of your help in advance!

5 replies
-Tubbs Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 6

I would go to the library and take out a bunch of books. Although I love getting recipes and ideas online, there's something better about leafing through a book and looking at the beautiful pictures.

Also, Martha Stewart wedding magazine always has lovely treats and often has the recipes to go with them.

I was in Michaels the other day and there was a huge new brownies display, including a silicon pan for mini square brownies. They would be lovely for a wedding (picturing them in pretty papers with something nice on top like a flower or a raspberry).

Also, don't forget the mini-cakes gallery - tons of beautiful ideas.

PattyT Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 6

Here is a thread I participated in recently. Good discussion about mini-items. Hope it helps.

indydebi Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:22am
post #5 of 6

HEre's a pic of a dessert table I did for Macy's Dept Store ... choc covered strawberries in a mini-martini glass. GFS sells the mini glasses , but I got these from ebay. I cut cheesecakes (various kinds) into small squares and served them on little 2" plates with mini forks.

mommy2kids Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 4:10am
post #6 of 6

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I never got any alerts that there were comments in the forum. Thanks all! I will check them all out. icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%