How Far In Advance Can I Cut Fondant?

Decorating By shell62995 Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 3:51am by shell62995

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:09am
post #1 of 5

If the fondant is more for decoration not to be munched on, how far in advance can I cut it? I need to make faces for cc but I know the kids wont eat the faces. what do you think?

4 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:20am
post #2 of 5

as early as u like

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:29am
post #3 of 5

Dont be suprised! The faces might just be the First thing they eat! My Grandson's can't wait to grab the fondant figures off of the cakes and bite into them! I have a nephew who loves to eat faces! lol. This past weekend I printed and edible image for his Mom to put on his Birthday cake. It was a picture of him. He wanted the center right out of the cake so that he could eat his face! lol icon_lol.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

with pieces i want to dry i make sure to lay them on a parchment papaer and then when they are dry enough on a cookie sheet... as for time... a week or more... there is too much sugar, it wont go bad...

as for the kids not eating it... my nieces and best friend both love fondant now (now that we make our own)... and eat all the stuff that i never thought that they would... figures, flowers, pearls.. anything... its sugar and sweet and yummmm

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:51am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price

Dont be suprised! The faces might just be the First thing they eat! My Grandson's can't wait to grab the fondant figures off of the cakes and bite into them! I have a nephew who loves to eat faces! lol. This past weekend I printed and edible image for his Mom to put on his Birthday cake. It was a picture of him. He wanted the center right out of the cake so that he could eat his face! lol icon_lol.gif

that's cute! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%