Need Help Quick With This Princess Castle Cake.

Decorating By cookiecakemonster Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 2:21am by 29apr00

cookiecakemonster Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:02am
post #1 of 10

I have the same kit used in this pic that this person used. But i want to know if i have to carve out each corner of the cake or do you just press it into the cake?

any help with this would be awesome. Thanks!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1256732

9 replies
jammjenks Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:07am
post #2 of 10

It looks like they have carved it ever-so-slightly. You'll probably need to secure the turrets to the board using RI if you plan to drive with it.

cookiecakemonster Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:09am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

It looks like they have carved it ever-so-slightly. You'll probably need to secure the turrets to the board using RI if you plan to drive with it.

should i put RI underneath each corner of the cake?

The turrets are just a thin piece of plastic that gets wrapped around the carved bit of cake i think. I wasn't 100% sure though.
i also wondered how to get the back turrets higher than the front ones.

thanks for your help!!!

jammjenks Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:22am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tany

I have the Wilton kit and I put a dab of RI under the turrets, not the cake. My turrets must be made different because they were hard plastic and had a solid bottom. It sounds like yours are flexible and would have an open bottom. Maybe someone who has used this kit will respond. Have you tried to pm the one who made your inspiration cake?

cookiecakemonster Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:27am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tany

I have the Wilton kit and I put a dab of RI under the turrets, not the cake. My turrets must be made different because they were hard plastic and had a solid bottom. It sounds like yours are flexible and would have an open bottom. Maybe someone who has used this kit will respond. Have you tried to pm the one who made your inspiration cake?

Hi.
i have done the wilton on too so i know what you mean icon_smile.gif i expected this to be the same but when i got the kit i realised it wasn't.LOL
i pmd a couple of people the other day but havne't heard back yet icon_smile.gif

Thanks!!!

cookiecakemonster Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 10

anyone had any experience with this castle set?

icon_biggrin.gif

gwright0906 Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 10

I have made 2 of them so far using the Wilton kit...and have to make another one next week. I use buttercream to attach it to the side of the cake and that has worked out pretty well. Although I assemble them on site so I'm not sure how they will do in transit. I am also going to try putting royal icing on the bottom...that's a good idea!

cookiecakemonster Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 5:46pm
post #8 of 10

I also used royal icing to attach the towers for the wilton castle.
I found it worked better for me than the melted chocolate.

gwright0906 Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 8:58pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks for the info Tany...I'm assuming you don't have to "freeze" the RI like you do the melted chocolate. I am definitely going to try RI first on the Wilton castle I'm doing this week.

Thanks for the posts...I have been wondering the same things icon_biggrin.gif

29apr00 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:21am
post #10 of 10

when i made that cake i didn't have to use RI or candy melts at all. If you have the kit, you'll see that the turrets are like a papery plastic type material and there is a little "Notch" that goes directly into the cake. It's not the most stable design.

Good luck...that was my disaster cake. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%