Liquor Soaked Cakes?

Decorating By TheMightyQuinn Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 3:32am by 1nanette

TheMightyQuinn Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:54am
post #1 of 5

My friend's favorite drink is lemonade & raspberry vodka. I was thinking of making a lemon cake and soaking it with the rasp vodka but i'm unsure of how to do this without making a mushy cake!

My questions are : how much do i use to soak and how long?
Should I just use it baked in the cake instead?
Will it give me troubles with decorating? (i'd like to use fondant)

I dont want to cake to be over powering but i want her to take a bite and be reminded of her 'staple' drink.

4 replies
jennym0904 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:14am
post #2 of 5

maybe just soaking it with a raspberry simple syrup is a better idea. the vodka might be a little strong. icon_smile.gif that sounds like a great drink and a really good cake combo- raspberry and lemon. icon_smile.gif

TheMightyQuinn Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:31am
post #3 of 5

Oh i didn't even think of that! that sounds great! icon_lol.gif

is there a certain amount i should use? I'm going to try and make a 'birthday giftbox' cake for her and i'm just hoping to not make it all soggy!

Kim040508 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:41am
post #4 of 5

I really don't know anything about adding vodka to your cake, but it sure does sound really good!! thumbs_up.gif

1nanette Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:32am
post #5 of 5

I used to make a lemon raspberry cake. I used a vanilla cake and brushed the layers melted lemonade concentrate and raspberry syrup. I always made it a day in advance to help the wettness to distribute so that the cake wasnt soggy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%