How Can You End Or Close A Topic?

Decorating By neecerator Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 9:22am by JanH

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:15am
post #1 of 6

Hello Friends:
Once I have all the answers or information I need, is there a way to end a topic or close it? Or do they just go on forever and ever? Thanks in advance for your replies.

5 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:18am
post #2 of 6

It will usally fade out if you don't continue it...unless someone else has an interest in that thread. If it is a thread turned nasty, then you can always request a moderator to close it.

neecerator Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:22am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

It will usally fade out if you don't continue it...unless someone else has an interest in that thread. If it is a thread turned nasty, then you can always request a moderator to close it.

Thank you, I was hoping I could end it, because one of my topics seems like it will never end. Hey...at least people care enough to respond, so that's what makes CC so amazingly awesome! Thanks again!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:30am
post #4 of 6

If you just don't want to receive any more notifcations of new postings, scroll to the bottom of the thread and click "stop watching this topic".

neecerator Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 4:27am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

If you just don't want to receive any more notifcations of new postings, scroll to the bottom of the thread and click "stop watching this topic".

Thank you, Debbie. Does this mean that I just stop reading the thread, even if people are still responding, or does it end/stop the topic all together? Thanks so much!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:22am
post #6 of 6

If you activate the "watch topic for replies" button, you'll get email notifications each time a post is made to that thread.

If you deactivate the "watch topic for replies" button on any thread you no longer are interested in, you will not receive email notifications if/when a post is made to that thread. (The thread will not be deleted or closed to future comments, you just won't be notified.)

The buttons on your computer, only control your CC account - no one elses. icon_smile.gif

To close a thread so that no one can post to it requires a moderator or site administrator. Usually only the author of the thread can initiate closure, unless the mods determine that a thread has gotten terminally off-topic.....

To request a thread that you have authored be closed - you must contact either a moderator or site administrator.

If you take offense to any post made in any thread by anyone and you wish to report it to moderators... Simply hit "report as bad post" button at the bottom of that post. The "report as bad post" button will then be replaced by an "x" in a box.

If you require further assistance, you might want to contact one of the mods or Jackie/Heath.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%