Cake Disasters

Business By aggiechef Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 1:55am by cakesdivine

aggiechef Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 3

Okay, so I know everyone has a story about something disastrous that happens while you're making a cake. I just had my first real "disaster" and I kind of feel like a doofus because of it. icon_redface.gif

Here's my story:
I was making a very interesting cake that was supposed to match a cake on the party invitation. It was very brightly colored, to say the least. My poor kitchen table was being used as a fondant haven so I was storing the tiers on the kitchen counter while I was rolling out fondant on my table. I went to move a tier to the table and dropped it on the floor. I splatted chocolate cake and buttercream all over my kitchen floor. It just slipped out of my hands. I didn't trip over anything, nothing like that. Needless to say, I had to start over on that one. icon_cry.gif

I'd like to hear some other stories so that I don't completely give up on doing cakes out of fear of dropping them.

2 replies
LisaR64 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 3

When I was making the huge Halloween Village cake in my photos, I ran out of space and had to cool some of the cakes in my spare room.

Apparently I forgot to shut the door, because when I went back, my dog had eaten an entire 12 x 18 vanilla cake and was busy licking the side of the one next to it. I had to re-bake everything. I was so mad at myself for leaving that door open.

cakesdivine Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:55am
post #3 of 3

Leave it to an AGGIE to not realize there is a whole forum category called "Cake Disasters" right here on CC...JK...LOL! Welcome to CC newbie!

Quote by @%username% on %date%