Girl Scout Investiture Ceremony???

Decorating By tosha_e_1 Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 8:44pm by tosha_e_1

tosha_e_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tosha_e_1 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 8

I just found out that I need to bring a cake for Girl Scout Ceremony on SATURDAY! AAHH icon_smile.gif
SO........Need an awesome cake idea, that will just be SO awesome! K, but I need it somewhat simple too LOL, I am NEW to this and I am still waiting on my Wilton Cake Decorating Kit that I ordered. This will be for like 40 girls plus their families, but also wont be the only dessert.
So....HELP! I am still brainstorming myself but thought maybe y'all may have something?
Thanks!

7 replies
SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 8

Are you wanting to do a sheet cake or a tiered cake? If a sheet cake you could do the girl scout symbol on it. If a tiered cake you could do gumpaste figures of girls doing different activities since the gs earn patches for the different activities they accomplish.

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:34am
post #3 of 8

when I was a girl scout, I entered a cake decorating contest about girl scouts (that's what got me hooked on decorating). Anyhow, I did a cake with a tree on it and replicated about 3 or 4 patches that the girl scouts could earn on different branches of the tree.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:46am
post #4 of 8

How about a flat sheet cake cut to look like a GS vest (just draw out a template and lay it over the cake, carve then buttercream). In light choc. buttercream. You could do royal icing or fondant patches beforehand and just add them at the end.

kathy172 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy172 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 6:29am
post #5 of 8

The investiture ceremony is the welcoming one where the girls get their uniforms and pins, right? I'd do something with that. It could be cute if you did a tiered cake with a fondant "sash" out of the right color- blue, brown, or green depending on the age of the troop. It could drape down over the tiers and have "patches" with the troop number, name and council on it. And maybe a little fondant girl in uniform on the top, or else you could make some of the simple badges in gumpaste and attach around the sides of the cake with the treefoil design on the top. The GS website has a shop with a lot of cute awards that you could use as inspiration, and to see some of the patches/badges. HTH good luck, and post a picture when it's done.

kathy172 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy172 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 6:32am
post #6 of 8

The investiture ceremony is the welcoming one where the girls get their uniforms and pins, right? I'd do something with that. It could be cute if you did a tiered cake with a fondant "sash" out of the right color- blue, brown, or green depending on the age of the troop. It could drape down over the tiers and have "patches" with the troop number, name and council on it. And maybe a little fondant girl in uniform on the top, or else you could make some of the simple badges in gumpaste and attach around the sides of the cake with the treefoil design on the top. The GS website has a shop with a lot of cute awards that you could use as inspiration, and to see some of the patches/badges. HTH good luck, and post a picture when it's done.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 7:50am
post #7 of 8

I made an investiture cake a few years ago. I was asked to duplicate the patch on a sheet cake.

http://www.sugarfrosted.com/displayimage.php?pos=-2320

click on the picture to enlarge it, to see the details better.

tosha_e_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tosha_e_1 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 8:44pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you all so much for your ideas! I have gotten some great ideas and also some from the gallery photos. Thanks again!
Tosha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%