Fbct...idk How To!!

Decorating By dustysgirl923 Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 9:24pm by CHoxie

dustysgirl923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dustysgirl923 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 2

I am new to cake decorating..I have looked at pics, but I just don't know how to do them! I see everyone using the abbr. FBCT and BCT..I know what the stand for shockingly, but I don't know how to start practicing them! Everyone says the FBCT are very easy and easy to fix mistakes! I think that is what I need since this is my first cake and it is for my son's 1st bday! The theme is John Deere! If ANYONE has any tips for me I would really appreciate it!!

1 reply
CHoxie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHoxie Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 2

I have used FBCT several times. Start with a picture or drawing of what the picture is. Reverse it so it is backwards. Lettering should be as you are looking in a mirror. Cover your drawing with wax paper and adhere it so it does not move.

Create your Buttercream in a soft piping consistency. Pipe the colors as if you were coloring a picture. Start with the outlines and fill the rest in as you go along. I usually pipe the outlines, and then freeze it for a while. Then I pipe the remaining parts till it is complete.

The best part of doing this is you don't have to do it all at one time. You can stop in the middle, freeze it, and then continue it later.

For best results, I have found to make it on the thicker side. If the overall thickness is too thin, it will start to thaw before you get it placed and the wax paper removed. And remember, practice, practice, practice.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%