How Long Can You Keep Fondant Decorations?

Decorating By 2winboyz Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 4:38am by 2winboyz

2winboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2winboyz Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 5

I made a onesie and some buttons a year ago that was never used. I had wrapped them up but never put them in the freezer. Do you think it's still usable or should I just make new ones?

Thank you!

4 replies
2winboyz Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 5

Just wondering if anyone might be able to help since I have to make the cake tonight. It would help if I didn't have to redo the onesie but if it's a health issue to use the old ones although wrapped very well, I will certainly redo them.

Thanks!

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 5

Depends if you're selling it or is it for friends/fam? Are they going to eat it?

If it's just deco and not for retail, and it looks good, I'd say you could use it, but if it's on something you're being paid for (unless it looks really good and they're NOT eating it), I wouldn't use it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:14am
post #4 of 5

It may look & smell good but can have a dusty taste. How was it wrapped? Plastic wrap? I've kept some but like I said, after awhile they take on a dusty tasteicon_sad.gif

2winboyz Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:38am
post #5 of 5

Thank you for your responses. I ended up making some new ones since the old ones were a little faded icon_sad.gif perhaps I didn't wrap them well enough or they were simply too old. Fortunately it didn't take long at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%