Trying To Shut Me Up?

Decorating By Karema Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 5:54pm by 7yyrt

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:21am
post #31 of 43

Christmas is such an emotional time with strong expectations of what we would like it to be, especially for our children. I am sure it was very sad for you that your children didn't receive what you had hoped they would. As for the Secret Santa (I also didn't know about it), perhaps life for that person became such as to make gift giving impossible or any number of reasons why the gifts didn't come. It is disappointing when things like this happen so I guess maybe forgiveness would help the moving on process. When I feel disappointed I try really hard to notice all the things, even tiny things I am grateful for and life always looks much better. After all, one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is a loving mother and that is a gift they will always treasure.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:29am
post #32 of 43

My understanding of the previous SS programs here at CC, is that people agreed to "sponsor" a family who was in need. It wasn't just a fun, silly thing like we used to do at "the office" (or wherever) but rather a promise to people who couldn't afford to buy gifts for their children.

(Take that opinion for whatever it's worth since this year's thread is gone and last year's thread is also gone due to the '07 crash which wiped out data from Oct 07-Feb 08.)

Here's a post about the first one, which is how I got that impression http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=53178&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=secret&&start=0

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:35am
post #33 of 43

Thanks Ceshell, for explaining that. I didn't know it was a sponsorship program for needy families.

ceshell Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:46am
post #34 of 43

I only learned that (presuming I am correct LOL) because I thought the same thing when I first saw posts about it, I thought maybe CCers were doing a gift exchange amongst themselves. I think I am right about it, cuz that would explain why the OP was so disappointed.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:49am
post #35 of 43

It sounds logical. I thought her posts were a bit odd as I'd never been involved in an SS exchange where one was obligated to buy something for any and all children the recipient may have. This explains it.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:57am
post #36 of 43

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, Karema. I have seen lots of your posts and you are such a kind, warm and caring person. You deserved to have a like-minded person be your SS and fulfill the promise they made by joining the program.

Hugs to you! Congratulations on the new baby and here's hoping that 2009 is full of more great joys and wonderful things to be grateful for.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 8:16am
post #37 of 43

((hugs)) Karema icon_sad.gif

It is good to get it off of your mind. I'd be just as upset as you are over expecting a promise to come through and then... nothing. No explanation, no apology.

Nothing you have written has seemed offensive in any way to me.

Hopefully writing this down will make anyone who is thinking of becoming a SS next year think hard about the promise they are giving - a promise that hurts if not kept.

Take care of yourself and hug your kids for me.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 8:20am
post #38 of 43

"The person stated they were busy and let time get away from them."

Karema, you knew who your secret santa was?????????? I thought it was supposed to be totally anonymous(?)!

I think the thread that shared the experiences of it would've been nice to have kept...even if it were locked...so that others could reflect on its' past outcomes.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:02pm
post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, Karema. I have seen lots of your posts and you are such a kind, warm and caring person. You deserved to have a like-minded person be your SS and fulfill the promise they made by joining the program.

Ok you guys know I'm pregnant...Now I'm sitting up her crying! Dang these hormones. I think that you all are right and someone previous had said I should forgive and they are right. I forgive and I let it go. I will just pray that things havent gotten hard for them. The only reason I knew that my ss had ran out of time is because I recieved an email for the person hosting and they said that my ss wanted my email address beause they wanted to send me a gift card through the internet because they had run out of time and had not had a chance to go shopping yet. I emailed my address and she emailed them and they never responded to any of her emails. So I dont know who it was I just know what they said. I think that I should just forget about this and just take is as a lessoned learned and pray that things get better for my family.

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:25pm
post #40 of 43

Karema, I know all about those hormones! You didn't say anything inappropriate or out of place here. I've learned that they'll always have a few ppl w/not nice things to say. You just have to learn to ignore those and embrace those that reach out in whatever your time of need is. No matter how unimportant it seems to someone else. I really wish some ppl would heed the old rule "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all". Seriously some ppl act like giving their harsh opinions are doing you a favor. When its not going to do anything at all except turn things sour. Best of luck w/those hormones and the upcoming baby. It sounds as though you are blessed. Hope your bday is great.

ceshell Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 9:04pm
post #41 of 43

Well Karema I agree that you should just put it behind you and chalk it up to a lesson learned, but that doesn't mean you didn't have a right to be disappointed and frustrated (and maybe even a little mad, since we are all protective of our children) about it first. Most of us have to go thru those stages before moving on. You're not just pregnant, you are *brace yourself* a human being!!

Best wishes for you and your family, including your newest upcoming family member. ((((hugs))))

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:02pm
post #42 of 43

(((Hugs))) sorry this happened....

My very best wishes for a blessed 2009....

Jen icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:54pm
post #43 of 43

We have something similar on another site. The person who keeps signing up and not sending anything is known to those who run the exchanges. Due to his/her relationship with the site owner, we can't seem to bar her/him.
So we just take the name for ourselves, and know that nothing will get sent.
Sad we have to do that, but it works. Please let the person who ran the exchange know privately what happened. Perhaps the name can be put down on a watch list.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%