Trying To Shut Me Up?

Decorating By Karema Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 5:54pm by 7yyrt

Karema Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 43

I dont know if it was done on purpose or the topic just got erased. I had made a comment in the Secret Santa forum and all of a sudden it just disappeared. I understand that the forum was to promote the good deeds and people were saying how happy they were that their kids got gifts. I wrote that I got a secret santa and my kids got nothing. The person stated they were busy and let time get away from them. I think that its sad to make a promise to children and then just dont even do it or even apologize. I'm a little upset about it but I blame myself for even depending on anyone else to give my children a gift. I wrote this not to get a whole bunch of sympathy but in the forum they asked for people to share their experiance and I shared mine. I just dont like that I shared it and all of a sudden the whole forum is gone and its gone under my forums section. People should try to cover up other peoples wrong doings. Thanks for listening and letting me get this off my shoulders.

Karema

42 replies
jammjenks Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 43

Uh oh.....this is not gong to be good....

I hate that happened. Maybe there's some other explanation. icon_confused.gif

Karema Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:31am
post #3 of 43

Thank you for at least responding. I see that I've gotten over 120 views but only one comment. I guess no one wants to touch this subject and I fell I have every right to express my feelings. People on her brag all the time about how they were blessed and received gifts from people and I guess I'm the first that it went south. Thanks for letting me vent.

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:28am
post #4 of 43

I'm sorry that happened.

krysoco Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:37am
post #5 of 43

Well I tried to respond earlier but got the 'down for maintenance' message when I "submitted" my response.
So sorry this happened to you and your kids. I really don't know anything about the situation. Hope it doesn't happen again to anyone.

((((hugs)))

mkolmar Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:02am
post #6 of 43

Oh no. I'm not sure about the situation so I can't really comment, but I'm sorry it turned out this way for you.

adven68 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:15am
post #7 of 43

I wanted to also respond, but I decided to try to search for you...sometimes they move threads to other forums. See, it's not just a lot of views with no responses. icon_smile.gif

I also don't know what happened, but I'd bet you'd get a quick answer if you pm'd Jackie or Heath.

Win Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:38am
post #8 of 43

I responded earlier as well, but when I hit "submit" the "under maintenance" screen popped up... might be that's happened to quite a few. Just wanted to say I felt bad that you slipped through a crack. I wonder if you were the only one? Things like Secret Santa have so much potential for good --and so much potential for a situation just like yours.

sugarwishes Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 3:24am
post #9 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karema

Thank you for at least responding. I see that I've gotten over 120 views but only one comment.

Not to be harsh, but what exactly do you want people to say? Nobody has a real answer to why the forum was deleted. You need to ask Heath or Jackie. And you said you did not want sympathy, you just needed to vent. Threads like this one always get taken to a whole other level that gets nasty and cruel and I think it's unnecessary. I'm sorry this happened, but I don't think the thread getting deleted was because of your post. I'm sure it was just an error at bad timing.

Karema Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:38am
post #10 of 43

Thank you all for being understanding In was just really upset. Sometimes our feelings get hurt and we just want to shout out that its not right but I'm over it. I just found it weird that it happened and even more odd that the person who had done this didnt feel horrible and at least apologize. And Sugarwishes I wasnt expecting anything from you. The point of the thread had more to do with the secret santa then my post getting deleted. I guess am warning others to have a backup plan in case someone doesnt feel like giving anymore and also to let those know that sign up to give that you hurt families when you dont do what you promised. No hard feelings I was just sharing my experiance.

KitchenKat Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:55am
post #11 of 43

Sorry that happened to you.

grama_j Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:25pm
post #12 of 43

I would assume that the "whole forum" is gone , is because the project is over for the year, not because you posted in it....... it is a shame that something like this happened to you, but bashing the program, and people on this board is not fair..... if you had a problem, take it to Heath and Jackie...... they are wonderful and are in a position to help...... THAT is why you got so many "views" but few responses...... no one on the board can do anything to help.......

Karema Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:30pm
post #13 of 43

Grama I totally understand what you are saying and I dont think that I was bashing anyone. I was just telling my experiance like the forum had asked. I may be over sensitive because I'm pregnant. That is just how I feel right now and it may not be how I feel a little later. And like I explained earlier its more about the situation then it getting erased? That is why at the beginning I stated it may have gotten erased by accident. No blame to heath or jackie! So like I said before thank you all for letting me vent!

__Jamie__ Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:06pm
post #14 of 43
Quote:

Grama I totally understand what you are saying and I dont think that I was bashing anyone. I was just telling my experiance like the forum had asked. I may be over sensitive because I'm pregnant. That is just how I feel right now and it may not be how I feel a little later. And like I explained earlier its more about the situation then it getting erased? That is why at the beginning I stated it may have gotten erased by accident. No blame to heath or jackie! So like I said before thank you all for letting me vent!

If I were you....I would stop posting now. You are going to have to explain your comments and your purpose a thousand more times to a thousand more people who respond here....and it's just going to go nowhere. Hurt feelings, misinterpreted thoughts...you name it. We've all seen it. Even though this has nothing to do with cake...let's get back to it. Congratulations on your pregnancy, focus on your soon to be new baby...and move forward. Hugs to you lady! Have a great rest of the day! icon_smile.gif

e rose sweets Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:10pm
post #15 of 43

I totally understand you being upset you have every right to be, I don't believe you were putting anyone down either you have a legitimate concern and its a shame that happened to you. The holidays are over so does everyone stop caring and its just sorry for your luck, people should try to put themselves in that position and see how they would react. I do believe most have good intentions and things happen that have a not so good outcome but that doesn't stop feelings from being hurt pregnant or not. Keep your head up and the best is yet to come.

butterfly831915 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:20pm
post #16 of 43

Sorry this happened to you. Look at it this way, your family got a great gift and in 12w/3d you will deliver that gift. That is a blessing in its self. God bless, keep your head up!!

cookie_fun Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:43pm
post #17 of 43

I'm sorry that your kids didn't get their gifts from the secret santa. I'm sure you were disappointed for them. We do a secret santa at our church too, and I noticed last week there were some presents still lingering about that hadn't made it to the families, and I thought, "How sad that those kids didn't get their Christmas present."

I hope something like this never happens to you again.

And congrats on your coming newborn! Exciting times!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 8:27pm
post #18 of 43

Im so sorry your kids missed out!
But Congrats to you on the new baby and ( early ) Happy Birthday to you also!

ilovecupcakes Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:04am
post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie85364

Quote:

If I were you....I would stop posting now. You are going to have to explain your comments and your purpose a thousand more times to a thousand more people who respond here....and it's just going to go nowhere. Hurt feelings, misinterpreted thoughts...you name it. We've all seen it. Even though this has nothing to do with cake...let's get back to it. Congratulations on your pregnancy, focus on your soon to be new baby...and move forward. Hugs to you lady! Have a great rest of the day! icon_smile.gif

couldn't have said it any better!

Karema Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 1:51am
post #20 of 43

Thank you all on the congrats for the baby. I'm due July 28th. That means I will have three children born in July! I have to learn to stay away from my hubby in october. I am kind of happy to see my birthday coming but I'm going to be 31 so from now on I'm going backwards. So this year I will be 30 again. LOL

sparklepopz Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:11am
post #21 of 43

icon_eek.gif Wow. Just wow. tapedshut.gif

The things people post in public forums actually still sometimes shocks me.

jibbies Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:18am
post #22 of 43

I'm on here quite a bit, but this one escapes me. When did Cake Central have a Secret Santa?

Jibbies

CakeMakar Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:26am
post #23 of 43
Quote:

Thank you all on the congrats for the baby. I'm due July 28th. That means I will have three children born in July! I have to learn to stay away from my hubby in october. I am kind of happy to see my birthday coming but I'm going to be 31 so from now on I'm going backwards. So this year I will be 30 again. LOL

What a great birthday that baby will have! Mine! icon_biggrin.gif

liapsim Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:40am
post #24 of 43

I didn't know CC had a Secret Santa either...sorry know nothing about this but sorry your feelings got hurt.

Happy Birthday!

Karema Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:07am
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepopz

icon_eek.gif Wow. Just wow. tapedshut.gif

The things people post in public forums actually still sometimes shocks me.

Ok seriously what is so personal about that. I just found it hilarious that I will have three kids born the same month. If you're that sensitive then you should definitely stay away from the lounge because they discuss stuff like yeast infections! tapedshut.gif Oops did I just put your panties in a bunch? Seriously we are all adults.

sparklepopz Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:14am
post #26 of 43

I participated in the yeast infection discussion.

My comment was about everything you said prior to your baby announcement. Yes, we are all adults, which is why I think it was quite audacious to come onto a public forum posting that your Secret Santa failed to buy your children gifts and didn't even feel horrible enough to apologize.

'Nuff said.

summernoelle Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:18am
post #27 of 43

Karema,

I would say most of us disagree with the PP. I don't feel as if anything you said was offensive or inappropriate.

Congrats on your baby! My husband and I are like that as well-all September and October babies, lol!

1nanette Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:49am
post #28 of 43

Ididnt know there had been a Secret Santa again.

Callyssa Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 6:59am
post #29 of 43

I didn't know there was SS either. The issue at hand is that someone signed up for something, said they were going to do it, and didn't follow through. Who got hurt in the end by someone else's negligence was innocent children. That's just wrong. If the SS couldn't keep their committment they should have let someone know so someone else could have had a chance to fill it. Period. It's just good business. Everyone here should know about good business practices, and if the tables had been turned a little differently and someone placed a cake order they forgot to cancel they would be expected to pay. It's just that simple. I really can't believe anyone could/would defend the SS's position on this, and then that the person didn't even have a guilty conscience about it makes it even worse. Is it the end of the world that these children didn't get their gift? No. But the SS should have at least apologized IMO. And made some effort to remedy the situation.

chutzpah Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 7:20am
post #30 of 43

I didn't even know there was an SS program here, so maybe I am way out in left field. Was the purpose of the CC Secret Santa program to get gifts for recipients' children?

If I signed up for a Secret Santa here on CC I would have assumed that it was adult-adult gift giving, and just have sent something fun to the person whose name I drew (or was assigned). Maybe it was in the rules that the purchaser was obligated to buy for any and all kidlets....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%