Angel Design Needed Quick!!!

Decorating By Delynn Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 1:22am by sokin

Delynn Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 18

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY?!!! Just got a call for an angel (male) theme cake for Saturday before noon (I have to work tomorrow plus deliver it 10 miles away Sat. too). This is for the kindest and most wonderful customer anyone could dream of, whose father past away last night. Sniff sniff. They'd like an Angel theme so I need something without too much detail because I can do ok but I am NOT like a freehand artist. I was thinking of having the grocery store print his head on an icing sheet and need a nice simple pattern for outstretched (hopefully) angel wings to pipe behind that on the cake. They also want me to incorporate a lot of words like "kind, dependable, generous, stubborn....somewhere on the cake (thought about piping the words on some of the feathers. This is to fit on a 13x18 rectangle cake. Near the top (long side) maybe a sun shining down through a few clouds with a couple of doves flying. Please email me your ideas direct to save me time(?) @ [email protected]

17 replies
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 18

Sent you an email!

sokin Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 18

Hi,

I am also looking for ideas for an angel cake. My daughter is turning one and I decided to make her cake... but there is almost nothing out there...and I am a beginner. Her party is Feb 1st.

Any help is appreciated! icon_wink.gif

Delynn Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 18

Yeah, what's up with that? Where's all the angel design cakes?

grannys3angels Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 18

Here is a link to a great web site, it has all kinds of silhouette of angels, angel wings and pictures. It also has all kinds of other silhouettes/pictures of other things that may come in handy, for other decorating projects.

Hope this can be helpful you or anyone else.
God Bless,
Sharon

http://karenswhimsy.com/silhouette-clipart.shtm#

Delynn Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 6:38am
post #6 of 18

Thanks, this helped TONS!

tonedna Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 7:16am
post #7 of 18

First impressions molds have beautiful molds for angels..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

NuttyNanny Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 8:35am
post #8 of 18

grannys3angels......thanks for sharing this great website

delynn....please post a pic of your cake when completed...thanks

grannys3angels Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:21am
post #9 of 18

Your very welcome NuttyNanny.
God Bless,
Sharon

Delynn Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:02am
post #10 of 18

I was going to post the pic of what I had time to come up with for this cake but 1.31 MB is the size of my pic so I can't post it. I get an error message that says I need it to be 800x800 pixels. Anyone have a clue how to make it work?

grannys3angels Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:22am
post #11 of 18

Go to this web site and resize your picture.
#1 pick the picture you what to resize, then go to #2 and click 750 pixels or custom your size and type in 800.

#4 click Best and then resize...it will resize your picture to the size you what/need, and then you will just have to download it.

After doing this you should be able to upload your picture to CC. Good Luck!

God Bless,
Sharon

http://shrinkpictures.com/

Delynn Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm
post #12 of 18

Ok, here goes. I hope this works this time. Thank you all for your input!!!
LL

grannys3angels Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 7:23pm
post #13 of 18

Ohhh your cake is beautiful! You did a great job on the cake, the angels and the wings all look so good. I really like your design thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 7:45pm
post #14 of 18

This came out perfect! You did an awesome job!

Delynn Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:56pm
post #15 of 18

Oops! When I was putting away everything from this cake, I glanced at my sketch and noticed OMG, I FORGOT THE HALOS!!!!! I wonder if my customer/friend noticed. I guess these angels will get their halos' after they've done some heavenly good deeds??? Oh well, life goes on.

Delynn Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:02pm
post #16 of 18

Curious, how long does it take for the uploaded pic to get posted on the Gallery's 'Recent Uploads' page? I don't see this pic yet.

sokin Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:17am
post #17 of 18

I just want to thank all the ideas and support. I will post my picture as soon as I get this cake done and if it come out ok...

Delynn your cake was awesome!!!

sokin Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:22am
post #18 of 18

Here is my finished cake.Please keep in mind it's my "first" real one icon_smile.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%