Strawberry Gelatin, Please Help!

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 7:14pm by SugarBakerz

SugarBakerz Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know or have you ever tried to add gelatin to your batter for flavor? I hate strawberry mixes and was thinking this would strawberry flavor to my white batter I use? Any help would be great!

10 replies
joenshan Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 11

I have made the strawberry strawberry shortcake from this site, which is a doctored white mix using strawberry gelatin. I thought it was really good and I'm not a big strawberry fan. Also, my family LOVED it and ask me to make it all the time. The only thing it that it makes the cake very pink. HTH

BREN28 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 11

ive tried one, im not sure if its the same one that joenshan is talking about, but i think this one is called double strawberry shortcake. it starts with a white cake mix and you add strawberry gelatin and you also puree some frozen strawberries to add to it. it seems like a dense cake but it was sooooo good,very moist!!

SugarBakerz Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 11

thanks ladies, I have a bridal tasting this evening from a bride who lives about 200 miles away, so I really want to get this right for her. She is working last minute for a Valentine's wedding. I haven't tried to book weddings because they stress me out, but I have 3 so far this year if I get hers. I would like to add a better strawberry cake to my list of yummos. Thanks a bunch ladies... any other tips are also appreciated.

all4cake Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 11

I've tried the moist strawberry cake recipe from this site. It calls for strawberry jell-o and pureed strawberries. It's really good.

cas17 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 11

i have added strawberry gelatin to my white cake mix with great results using an extender recipe. i did add additional strawberry or reaspberry extract for extra flavor. i really do not care for the pink "dots" in the dh strawberry mix.

cupcakemkr Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 11

My son love the white cake with strawberry jello & berries. it is VERY VERY pink, not a soft pink like usual strawberry cake. there is also a jello strawberry creme pudding out there that you can use and then just add the pureed strawberrys. I've also heard that you can do the strawberry yogurt & crushed strawberry thing too. Good luck with your tasting!

joenshan Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:01pm
post #8 of 11

yes, I think we are all talking about the same recipe on this site. The one I mentioned does also include the frozen strawberries.

Just an FYI, I am making it for my sister later this month and for the filling I am using the Raspberry Mousse recipe (from this site) and substituting the seedless raspberry all fruit with seedless strawberry all fruit to make it into a Strawberry Mousse filling.

It will be like Death by Strawberry!!

SugarBakerz Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:40pm
post #9 of 11

cupcakes are done... they are definitely pink with red liners.. but it is a V-day wedding. I had no strawberries on hand, so what I plan to do is tell the bride that they strawberry cake is better with a strawberry fruit filling, its more strawberry flavored that way. This is also an upsale for me as I charge a little more for fillings. Thanks for everyones help!!!

dixie_beloved Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 7:57am
post #10 of 11

I have never tried to use gelatin in a cake mix but i had to do a baby shower cake for a friend and they wanted strawberry icing on the cake so i put just a little bit of the strawberry jell-o power in the buttercream and it made a WONDERFUL strawberry flavored buttercream. I know this tip don't help with the original question but it was just an idea

SugarBakerz Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 7:14pm
post #11 of 11

thanks dixiel that is a great idea too!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%