Bellydance Cookies Ideas Please

Baking By kayla1505 Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm by 7yyrt

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 9:47am
post #1 of 8

so one of the local bellydance studios is have their 2 year anniversary this sat, and i thought i would take in some cookies, cuz cake is 2 messy.

the problem is I have no idea what to make.

i thought of printing some edible images of bellydancers and puting it on the cookies. the problem is that i dont have and edible image printer and when i called publix ( i normaly buy them there) they said their machine is broken.

the name of the studio is called lotus dance studio.

i though maybe making some lotus flower cookies, but i dont know how to do that and i can't seem to find ay pictures online

anyone have any ideas?

thank you kayla

7 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 8

You could hand-cut a 'waist area' cookie. Basically from just below boobs to top of (low rise) pants. Each could have some decor (fringing, sparkles etc - you could have a lot of fun here) on the little of the bra and pants that would show, then do the belly area in different flesh tones. Some could have belly-button rings.

I'd love to do a project like this! Make sure you post whatever you decide to make.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 8

I would make those "bra" cookies -- made with upside down hearts. Did a search and could only find a couple of pictures:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=77015
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1259641

A rectangle for the skirts or harem pants (don't know what they're called). You could use fondant for the scarves.

Use lots of gold dust and sparkle sugar for fringe and beads. Do you have the gold pearl sparkle sugar? I love it. (They also have silver.)
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=3&ShopId=44&CatId=624&SubCatId=1535&productId=634189

Hands with those little cold clapper thingies (sorry, don't know what they're called). Paint them with gold dust.

Seems like you could have some real fun with these!

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 8

You could make several sizes of daisy type cookies and stack them once they're decorated adding a fondant daisy middle that is curved inward to look more like a 3d lotus flower. Or just make a large rounded leaf cookie and add a fondant lotus flower. There is a frog cupcake in my photos with a fondant leaf and flower to give you an idea of what I'm trying to describe even though it's hard to see. I hope this is helpful.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 8

Here is a lotus flower cookie I did for a yoga party.
LL

kayla1505 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 8

For some reason I stoped getting emails with your replys, thank you guys so much for the help. I think I'm gonna use my daisy cookie cutter and try to make it look like a lotus flower.

Wish me luck , I'm a cookie novice so I dont know how good it will turn out icon_wink.gif

kayla1505 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:44am
post #7 of 8

i have to say it didnt come out nice icon_sad.gif when i was puting the second layer of fondant it kept drooping. they dont look anything like lotus flowers.

anyone have any easy ideas? im runing out of time icon_sad.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #8 of 8

I'd probably make gingerbread men with the belly dancer outfit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%