Where Can I Find Such A Pedestal?

Decorating By just_for_fun Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 1:45am by joy5678

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:05am
post #1 of 12

Hi! I need 30 such cheap plastic pedestal plates, and another 30 that are smaller. Where can I find them? I could only find this size, and they're too expensive for the occasion. Thanx!
LL

11 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:24am
post #2 of 12

Have you tried a $ store?
Have you tried Gorden's Food Service or Smart N Final?
A well stocked party supply store......I thinking a really big on that has all kinds of decor for every holiday & occasion.
Good luck, hope this helps some.

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:48am
post #3 of 12

You could purchase a package of disposable plastic plates in the size you want to look much like your picture. Get a matching amount of dessert cups or glasses (etc.) Turn the cups base side up and glue them to the center of the bottom of the plate.
"TA DA" cheap cake plates! Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:53am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

You could purchase a package of disposable plastic plates in the size you want to look much like your picture. Get a matching amount of dessert cups or glasses (etc.) Turn the cups base side up and glue them to the center of the bottom of the plate.

Man! I so wish my brain worked like this!! thumbs_up.gif

just_for_fun Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:57am
post #5 of 12

Thanks! Now why didn't I think of that? I must be really sleep deprived...

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:57am
post #6 of 12

my students once made cake stands with pretty clear 6 inch plates and hot glued those to the fake plastic champagne glasses. we made 125 of these and the decorated ganached cakes that went on the stand. they were cheap,cute, pretty, but very easily tipped.

tguegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tguegirl Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:16am
post #7 of 12

if you want something that's less likely to tip over, go to the dollar store and buy glass plates. hot glue them to short glass candleholders. I did this for a party using cheap ivy bowls ($1 each) and candleholders of varying heights. They'll be a little more expensive, but you can keep the pieces and remake them for all different occasions! You can see this in the attached picture.
LL

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:28am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

icon_eek.gif

Helpful posters like yourself are the reason I love this website!!!!

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

just_for_fun Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:35am
post #9 of 12

These will be for mini cupcakes, so that won't be too heavy. i have to look through the top of my closet to see what I have there, and I will try it out to see how secure it is.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 4:47am
post #10 of 12

There are some homemade versions in the template gallery. One that might be sturder is w/a drinking type glass, rather than a wine type glass. I think the bowls would be pretty sturdy though. Lots of surface area touching the table and the plate, and not tall enough really for the weight to make it unstable.

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:03am
post #11 of 12

an ice cream dish works perfectly, wide enough to keep balanced. hth!

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:45am
post #12 of 12

The vases are great! Did these for my daughters wedding. I am a recycling "cheapo" and always on the look out for ideas. Fun learning about what others do. FYI-I also purchase colorful, pretty, unusual saucers (for mini cakes) plates, platters, trays etc. and glue them to the bottoms of vases, planters, cookie jars, candle holders (basically anything that has a flat surface) and they make quite unique cake plates at a very minimum price. Have fun with your project and I hope your mini cakes turn out fantastic. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%