Argh! Never Decorate A Cake Postcall!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 1:42am by sparklepopz

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:23am
post #1 of 3

I'm a pediatrician, and was on call last night in the hospital (which means a 30-hour shift, after which I leave "early" in the afternoon). A friend of mine is having a birthday party for her little girl this weekend, and I wanted to get the bulk of the decorating done today ... well, in my post-call daze, I crumb coated both tiers of my cake, and mounted the top one on top of the second - without having first covered in MMF! icon_confused.gif I had to dismount the stupid thing once I noticed what I had done. Of course, by then, my buttercream was all crusted, and the end result is far less pretty than it was originally turning out to be. Argh! I didn't even think twice about it either!

Post-call people should never be allowed to wield angled spatulas. icon_mad.gif

2 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:28am
post #2 of 3

thats too funny!!!! I've decorated cakes in the middle of the night before and when I got up in the morning to check on my cake... I usually say to myself, well what i was thinking there... and there ... and even over there? Then I usually have to fix it a bit. things always look great when you're tired. icon_biggrin.gif

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 3

Sleep deprivation is a dangerous thing (not just for cakes, but for driving and making critical decisions).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%