This Is Kinda Cool...!

Decorating By whisperingmadcow Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 11:37pm by CakeswLove

whisperingmadcow Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 7

Hey ya'll!

So I was looking through my new copy of Cooks Illustrated and in the equipment corner section they have this thing called the spatula mixer blade. Its basicly a paddle attachment for a kitchenaid that has little spatulas on attached to it.

www.sideswipeblade.com

I have never seen anything like it, but I am totally in love with the basic idea of it! Has anyone used this before? Its $25 for the attachment and I really don't want to spend that kind of money unless I knew A) it is gonna work and b) its gonna last. Anyone have any ideas...?

6 replies
yellobutterfly Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 7

wow, did you click on the link to see it in action? Looks awesome!

FromScratch Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 7

I have this one... http://www.beaterblade.com/categories/home/welcome.htm .. and I love it. I actually have 2.. one for each of my KA's. They work awesome and are well worth the $$.

mixinvixen Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 7

i've been meaning ot buy the beaterblade, but once i saw their review in my issue, i've decided to get the swipe one.

suz3 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 7

I got one for Christmas. I love it. I've only used it a few times but it works just like they say it will. I don't know about lasting but it appears to be made well.

lanibird Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

I have this one... http://www.beaterblade.com/categories/home/welcome.htm .. and I love it. I actually have 2.. one for each of my KA's. They work awesome and are well worth the $$.

DH got me these for Christmas! I've only used them on cake batter so far, and was so happy! How well do they work with SMBC?

CakeswLove Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 7

OMG I soooooo WANT ONE icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif where was this link back in Christmas, maybe DH can get it for my B-day next month icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif Thanks for the info you guys are A W E S O M E thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%