Sugarshack Dvd--How Long?

Decorating By lhayes1976 Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 3:52am by grannys3angels

lhayes1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhayes1976 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 32

How long does shipping take? I'm so used to ordering from Amazon and things getting to my house in a few days. It's been over a week, am I jumping the gun? I'm so excited about getting it, I'm like a little kid waiting.

31 replies
juliebold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juliebold Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 32

It took a little over a week to get my DVDs. They are worth waiting for.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 32

You and me both sista...waiting on the edge of my seat. I see Sharon is in the forums now...she'll be along shortly I would imagine! icon_biggrin.gif

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 32

I ordered through Global Sugar and can't wait, can't wait, shipped Monday.........

I see many cakes in my families' future!!! I need to "practice"
wink wink

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 32

I ordered mine right after Christmas, and it took a week.

I know!! I couldn't wait everyday at the mailbox like a kid. But believe me, it was worth the wait!!

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 32

I already know this is going to be well worth it. I mean, we can all talk about how wonderful a KA is, how important it is to have a good bench scraper, and how marvelous the NFSC recipe is for cookies. But here is a product developed by one of "us", who is in here regularly offering help, and giving encouragement to those who are struggling.

You don't get that from Wilton..lol!

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 32

which dvds are you getting? I am getting fondant and buttercream.

__Jamie__ Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:18pm
post #8 of 32

I just ordered the buttercream one for now, I am on a mission to have the sharpest corners and the smoothest finishes.

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 32

I took me a little over a week to get mine. They are very good DVDs. I ordered the Buttercream and Successful Stacking.
I've not tried the methods in the Successful Stacking as of yet (no occasion at this time), but I will tell you that I didn't get a perfectly smooth cake the first time I tried the buttercream methods. It was much better, but I think it takes practice to get it as smooth as hers.
I look forward to trying the Stacking methods. They seem to be very good as well.
And I'm practicing my smoothing methods again this weekend! We'll see if I get better.

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:44pm
post #10 of 32

They are great!!! I got Perfecting the art of buttercream and Successful stacking. There are techniques there that are so simple but so important, and you ask yourself? How come I didn't think of that before?, is so simple?! yes, now that you are watching it! And there are others that you need to practice, practice, practice, like those corners, I used to hate square cakes, now, I am starting to like them. I made the square Quinceanera cake in my photos, after I got the DVD and I know I still need practice, but never in a million years I would have made it like that without watching the DVD first and practicing.
And I also was at the mail box like a kid waiting for a Christmas present icon_biggrin.gif .

lhayes1976 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #11 of 32

Buttercream DVD for me. I am giving my DIL a baby shower in two weeks and can't wait to practice.

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:47am
post #12 of 32

It usually takes 3-4 days at the most when I order directly through Sharon. ITO is about 2 days for me. Fantastic videos~ patiently awaiting the new one due out in Feb! Keep 'em coming Sharon!

Kelley

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:23am
post #13 of 32

Hi guys. I use first class mail in most cases (to keep it cheaper for you guys) and I almost always get the order out within 48 hours. So not being priority mail, depending upon where u live, it might be 2-10 days.

As fars a getting "perfect" results, yes practice is the key. It took me a lot of practice too. practice practice practice!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the nice reviews!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 7:20am
post #14 of 32

I just ordered the buttercream dvd and I am giddy with excitement! It took me a long time to order, but I finally feel like I've proved to myself I want to keep doing this and getting better so I did it and I can't wait!! I hope everyone gets theirs fast and you all share your results and tips.

__Jamie__ Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:21pm
post #15 of 32

Lol...I am seriously obsessed. I just checked tracking again..."package has arrived at unit"...now to plot and scheme an "errand" so I can drive into town to get it from my mailbox.... icon_biggrin.gif

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 5:32pm
post #16 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

I just ordered the buttercream one for now, I am on a mission to have the sharpest corners and the smoothest finishes.

I did the same. My MIL got me the buttercream DVD for Christmas, and I know Sharon says it takes practice, but let me tell you, the difference on my first buttercream cake after I watched it was amazing!! Especially on the top of the cake (where I could never get sharp angles). I know I need to do alot more practice, but I'm so pleased already with what I learned and was able to apply, I felt like doing a little dance after that first post-Sugarshack dvd cake! Can't wait to get the other DVD's! thumbs_up.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 4:40am
post #17 of 32

Congrats to you all, you will LOVE! your dvd's and they are so worth the wait. I like to say Sharon is a angel to me. Her dvd's, tips, help and bc recipe have been so helpful to me...my cakes look so much better then what they use to look like.

mlynnb said: [quote] I felt like doing a little dance after that first post-Sugarshack dvd cake! [unquote]

On her thread "My Buttercream Tips & Recipe" we would call that dance..."The Sugarshack Cha Cha" icon_biggrin.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:02am
post #18 of 32

Just got mine today!!! I was so excited! They were well worth every penny! Now I need to find out where in the world she bought her knife!! It cuts so well.
I bought the buttercream, fondant and stacking dvds, I have already watched them all and loved them. She is very through (sp?). I would start to think of something that I needed answered like what about this or that and a few seconds later she would be answering them!
I can't say enough about them.
Rebecca

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:51am
post #19 of 32

I live in Illinois and I got mine in about 5 days. I have the buttercream, stacking and fondant dvds. I would also like to say that one of my dvd's was not working right, so I emailed sharon and she called me back. She sent me out another dvd (which reached me in about 4-5 days), no problem. She was so accommodating. I used to live in New Orleans for 14 years and I can say that sharon is just as sweet at her cakes. She has a great reputation! Way to go Sharon. God Bless.

lhayes1976 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 12:58pm
post #20 of 32

It came! All I can is WOW! I love how it goes step by step. I'm going to make a practice cake this weekend for the baby shower. Can't wait to put my new knowledge to the test. Thanks Sharon

__Jamie__ Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #21 of 32

Got mine last night.....awesome! Learned a few things that had been plaguing me, and exactly how to never have it happen again! Thank you Sharon!

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:46pm
post #22 of 32

I just got my buttercreme dvd yesterday. Lovin' it! I've watched it twice already. I've got practice cakes in the oven so I can work on technique...my family will be happy! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks Sharon - the dvd is wonderful! Next on the list for me.....successful stacking! icon_lol.gif

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #23 of 32

I have the BC and stacking ones... just ordered the fondant and i can't wait to do get it!

The are AWESOME!!!

I live in FL and it takes about 5 days after she ships... well for me anyway icon_smile.gif But id rather take a few days longer than pay lost for shipping.

lhayes1976 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:51pm
post #24 of 32

Oh my, the wait was so worth it I made a little practice cake today and I cannot believe the difference. After filling with my BC dam, I could see a hugh difference in this cake and my previous cakes. The sides were so straight. The only thing I will do different is to thin the BC layer on the top. My family likes their icing on the thin side. I'm going to try using my Wilton icer the next time on the top only. Also, since I was going really slow, my icing starting crusting on me. So funny, I was putting my DVD on pause and running back and forth to the kitchen. I think I got it down now, that I've did a practice run through. I'm such a cake geek! Hopefully the next time I can get a little faster. This DVD gets 5 stars!!!

grannys3angels Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:12pm
post #25 of 32

lhayes1976, I still will have my dvd's going while I do a cake sometimes icon_lol.gif

Don't you just love that dam, doing the icing the way she shows it...has help the sides of my cakes from blow outs & bulges.

Happy caking thumbs_up.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:46pm
post #26 of 32

grannys3angels.. New avatar? Is that your son ?

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:00pm
post #27 of 32

It took about a week to get mine, I thought that was pretty fast shipping!

grannys3angels Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 7:15pm
post #28 of 32

Yes fiddlesticks, that would be my 30 yr. old son. I have had one of my daughter, then my grandbabies...so it's his turn icon_biggrin.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 7:28pm
post #29 of 32

Thanks Sharon I thought it was ! Very handsome young man to!

grannys3angels Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:12pm
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Thanks Sharon I thought it was ! Very handsome young man to!

Thank You! He has his hands full raising a 3 yr. & 2 yr. old icon_lol.gif , but he's a amazing father!
God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%